Account Executive, Public Entity, Los Angeles, CA
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE, PUBLIC ENTITY (LOS ANGELES)
Aon is looking for an Account Executive to support our industry-leading Public Entity practice in our San Francisco / Los Angeles office.
* Retains and grows Aon s business by cultivating relationships with executive client decision-makers in client public entity organizations. Facilitates critical relationships between clients, ARS and insurers.
* Develops and manages the implementation of Client Promise Plans for each client, including a specific business plan aimed at ARS revenue growth. Ensures client service team understanding of client needs, service delivery methods, and the economic framework relevant to services delivered. Project manages all Aon and industry- related resources to achieve client objectives. Leads stewardship planning and delivery which is also the Client Promise Review.
* Ensures overall account profitability with a value-based approach for the scope of service and costs associated with the Client Promise Plan. Negotiates Aon compensation for services, whether fee or commission-based. Ensures that the full value of involved ARS specialists and practice groups is promoted.
* Sells value driven suite of services and solutions to targeted prospects. Must be able to interact with C-Suite level. Recognizes and promotes cross-sales opportunities.
* Ensures that team members meet their responsibilities and seeks changes in team composition as appropriate.
* Educates clients in risk management, risk transfer, market issues, and relevant trends including appropriate benchmarking and GRIP data. Serves as a trusted business advisor on all pertinent issues; monitors client satisfaction; reports and resolves client issues and concerns and reviews client expectations to ensure relationship is morally acceptable and beneficial. Engages appropriate Aon resources to support clients in unusual circumstances such as large claims, etc.
* Drives the renewal process, assembling the appropriate team to develop and implement the client- specific renewal strategy. Coordinates with Brokers in the development and delivery of renewal strategies. Assigns appropriate processes to Aon Client Services (ACS) if applicable.
* Directly and by teaming with Producers, actively drives client penetration and new business with existing and potential new customers through the introduction of products, services, lines of business and industry expertise. Follows the Discovery Process of Client Promise to identify each client s needs and develops a Client Promise Plan to help clients achieve their goals and objectives. Serves as a resource of industry, product or market area expertise to internal and external clients.
* Possesses strong influence across the Aon organization to align resources across geographic (including international), functional and business unit boundaries to best serve clients. Defines interdependent responses to opportunities to grow the business.
* Manages input to and follow-up on invoicing and receivables process for assigned clients, ensuring timely collections. Ensures that account data supports the integrity of company accounting and tracking systems. Manages expenses.
* Ensures operational excellence, including adherence to service management requirements (e.g. Transparency & Disclosure, Aon Compliance requirement, Client Promise Methodology). Uses Aon tools and implements processes including, but not limited to GRIP, Clint Promise Survey, Knowledge Exchange, Aon Value Exchange, Time Tracking, Salesforce.com, Jeopardy Reporting, ORBIT.
* Performs related duties as assigned.
YOU BRING KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERTISE
* Bachelor s Degree or equivalent, with Risk and Insurance Management and Business related curriculum preferred
* Brokers License
* At least 5 years of appropriate insurance experience, coupled with project and account team management experience, excellent negotiation skills.
* In-depth working knowledge of the insurance business and the assigned clients needs as well as all major lines of business.
* Experience working in the Public Entity space a distinct plus.
* Proficiency in PC office products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook is required.
* Evidence of ability to become proficient in the use of Aon specific software tools.
OUR COLLEAGUE EXPERIENCE
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
ABOUT AON RISK SOLUTIONS
Aon Risk Solutions, the global risk management business of Aon plc (NYSE: AON), is the worldwide leader in risk advice and insurance broking. Guided by the Aon Client Promise , our teams help clients achieve profit, growth and continuity by delivering the best tailored and innovative risk solutions. We empower results through unmatched tools and capabilities, including the award-winning Aon Global Risk Insight Platform . For more information, visit aon.com/empower results.This position is base salary and a bonus structure based on production.
Aon offers competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, continuing education & training and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Our more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide empower results for clients in over 120 countries with innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. To learn more visit aon.com.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
JOB NUMBER: 0057059
LOCATION: United States, CA, Los Angeles