Senior Account Executive
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONABOUT WEBER SHANDWICK:
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications and engagement firm in 78 cities across 34 countries with a network extending to 126 cities in 81 countries. The firms diverse team of strategists, analysts, producers, designers, developers and campaign activators has won the most prestigious awards in the world for innovative, creative approaches and impactful work, including being honored as PRWeeks Global Agency of the Year in 2015 and 2016, an Ad Age A-List Agency in 2014 and 2015, and The Holmes Reports Global Agency of the Year in 2010, 2012, 2014 and 2015. Weber Shandwick and its Prime unit have won a combined 25 Cannes Lions since 2009. Weber Shandwick was also named a Best Place to Work by Ad Age in 2014 and 2015 and PRWeek in 2013 and 2014. The firm deploys deep expertise across sectors and specialty areas, including consumer marketing, corporate reputation, healthcare, technology, public affairs, financial services, corporate social responsibility, financial communications and crisis management, using proprietary social, digital and analytics methodologies. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com.
Weber Shandwicks Boston office is looking for a consumer-focused, dynamic communications professional with 3-5 years of experience to join our Technology team as a Senior Account Executive. The ideal candidate has experience working on integrated marketing campaigns, including influencer engagement, social media, media relations, online promotion, materials development and local market outreach. Strong writing skills are a must.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
* Overall program coordination, developing public relations action plans and goals
* Developing key materials like workbacks, key messages and press releases as well as fine-tuning media lists
* Developing deep media relationships and conducting extensive media outreach in the technology and consumer space
* Supervising monitoring programs while campaigns are in execution mode
* Developing and managing timelines and weekly action plans to ensure all deadlines on client programs are met
* Provide input on influencer relations marketing campaigns and tactics
* Managing and helping to develop junior team
* Researching to identify brand activation opportunities at culturally relevant events and happenings
* Drafting client coverage and program updates, developing program recaps
* Coordinating with and managing outside vendors, overseeing vendor payment
* Coordinating event logistics, event flow development, event staffing
* At least 3-5 years experience, preferably in an agency environment
* Excellent communication/presentation skills, verbal and written
* Deep media relations experience, strong media relationships in the tech or consumer tech space
* Strong attention to detail and project management skills
* At least a Bachelors degree preferably in communications, journalism, or marketing
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.