Account Executive, Specialty, Chicago, IL
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Title
Account Executive, Specialty
Sales & Marketing
Bachelor - Other
The purpose of this position is to profitably grow Verso s sales with converters who purchase a variety of specialty papers used in flexible packaging, labeling, and technical applications. The position will be responsible for selling existing products as well as identifying market and product opportunities that profitability fit our asset base. The candidate will need a strong technical understanding of the various converting processes and will need to be able to effectively work with both the customers and Verso s product development and product management teams to find attractive product solutions. An ability to work with the customer s lead management and technical decision makers will be critical for success.
* Achieve long term profitable growth with converters that use flexible packaging, label, and technical papers.
* Manage existing accounts to improve volume share, price and grade mix to enhance Verso s preferred position and improve the overall revenue and profitability at established accounts
* Identify and secure new targeted prospects that are profitable business opportunities supporting the strategic growth direction of the Specialty Papers Business
* Establish and maintain confidence and credibility with customers management and technical teams, through knowledge sharing , solution exploration, and exceptional response
* Put Verso in a position to present our existing products and services as well as identify potential new products and services that will bring value to the customers as well as Verso
* Develop and present successful business proposals to targeted opportunities
* Seek and understand competitive information ( products, pricing, strengths, weaknesses) and effectively report back to management for tactical decision making
* Manage and properly communicate customer demand forecast requirements
* Help build a reputation for Verso as an overall preferred supplier
* Minimum of 5+ sales and business/marketing experience preferably in the Specialty paper arena and or affiliated industries
* Bachelors and/or Master s Deg
* The position will require an estimated 25% -50% overnight travel and at times up to 70% overall travel
* Location is Midwest with preference for Wisconsin/Twin Cities/Chicago Candidates
Dealing with Ambiguity, Business Acumen, Creativity, Interpersonal Savvy, Learning on the Fly, Negotiating, Peer Relationships, Perseverance, Presentation Skills, Problem Solving, Self Knowledge, Written and Oral Communications
Verso Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability