This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 12/10/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
West Palm Beach, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONDescription SUMMARY
This position is responsible for selling and servicing new and existing advertisers into print and digital products. Works to grow revenue and provide complete customer satisfaction. Targets new business for print, digital and special sections.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Provides department management with assessment of territory potential by customer and by potential new customers.
* Targets potential new customers and designs advertising programs for new business
* Sells advertising space and products to existing and new clients using appropriate marketing information, presentations, campaigns, etc.
* Uses market development information and support to develop recommendations that meet customer objectives
* Writes, negotiates, closes and monitors advertising contracts
* Works with Advertising Art and Production to ensure quality publication of client s advertising
* Resolves billing and collection issues
* Develops strategy to meet sales goals
* Successfully sells the newspaper s products in a media mix environment
* Understands, identifies, and provides solutions for customers marketing needs using the full range of newspaper resources and products
* Fully understands the relative values of the newspaper products and the competitive alternatives available to customers
* Implements the company s sales strategy
* Represents the company in a professional, courteous manner at all times, both in the office and in public
* Progresses in professional skills and career development
* Suggests revenue producing ideas to management
* Adheres to established policies, procedures and deadlines
* Attends community and business meetings and functions
* Attends advertising and marketing sales and industry related training courses
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE.
Bachelor s degree from a four-year college or university, or one year sales experience in newspaper or other print or digital media.
Ability to read and interpret documents in the English language. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from clients and customers.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, area, ratio and percent. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts and percentages.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
OTHER TECHNICAL/PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Bi-lingual English/Spanish preferred
Type 40wpm w/90% accuracy; no more than 6 errors on PBNI spelling test
Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, E Mail
Valid driver s license and insurance
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company that includes the national advertising rep firms of CoxReps. Additionally, CMG owns Cox Target Media, which operates Valpak, one of North America's leading direct marketing companies, and Savings.com, a leading online source for savings.
The company's operations currently include 14 broadcast television stations and one local cable channel, 57 radio stations, eight daily newspapers and more than a dozen non-daily publications, and more than 100 digital services.
CMG currently operates in more than 30 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly, including more than 32 million TV viewers, more than 4 million print and online newspaper readers, and 14 million radio listeners.
For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at http://www.coxmediagroup.com
Organization:Cox Media Group
Primary Location:US-FL-West Palm Beach-2751 S Dixie Hwy
Job Level:Individual Contributor