Account Lead - Global Retail Design & Construction Program Director 8/17/2016
Jones Lang Lasalle
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Title
Account Lead - Global Retail Design & Construction Program Director
Auto Req ID
We are seeking an account manager to lead our energetic, self-motivated Global Retail Program Management Team, supporting a progressive specialty retailer with its global retail expansion. This role is a part of JLL s Project and Development Service team.
The Account Lead will support the client with its strategic growth initiatives including 200+ new stores a year across more than 35 countries and several thousand wholesale points of sale ranging from specialty stores and department stores to pop-up and concept shops. Store types range from 50,000 square foot flagship stores to 100 square foot Store-in-Store applications.
The candidate will assist with overall strategic management and growth of the account including the Retail Program Management Office, Company-Owned Retail, Third-Party Partner Retail, and Wholesale Retail channels.
The successful candidate will have deep international retail experience with new store programs, retail transactions, and retail strategy and analytics. The optimal candidate will be confident in providing strategic consulting solutions, institutionalizing innovation, providing organizational design, and selling in to the business new ideas and services. A passion for winning and an entrepreneurial spirit will be essential for success.
* Lead a Global Retail PMO institutionalizing best practices for new store delivery with head count in North America, Asia Pacific, EMEA and Latin America
* Support turnkey project delivery in global markets ranging from Europe to Australia
* Manage the cadence and creation of strategic business reporting and executive presentations
* Introduce innovations and new service from JLL to the client organization
* Support the client with organizational and process design
* Bring innovation, team leadership, and inspiration to everything the team touches
* Recognize and promote the highest opportunities for successful collaboration between JLL and the client
* Provide input into the global capital plan
* Provide authorship and editorial oversight of quarterly account communications
* Ensure all projects are delivered within the five-phase process
* Conduct weekly project audits of the global portfolio to identify risk and elevate / address concerns before they impact the client s strategy
* Office within the client space and maintain a high level of professional and deep collaboration with senior management teams
* Mentor JLL and client employees to support a unified global delivery process
* Use good judgement to adjust course when necessary to accommodate specific local country practices
* Ensure all projects are delivered on time, under budget, within the process, and conduct project audits to determine lessons learned and value created
* Position the client s global store development team as a strategic business partner with clear added value for the client organization
* Act as a liaison and integrator for other client business units
* Support retail procurement initiatives and introduce new vendors (General contractors, design firms, architects, fixture companies, and other retail vendors)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Master s Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Project Management, or a related field required.
* MBA preferred.
* Must have a minimum of 15+ years of relevant work experience in retail design, construction, retail store delivery, and program management.
* There is an added benefit to understanding big data, omnichannel strategy, and the athleisure category.
* Experience in Design & Architectural Management, Construction Management, Process Management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Flexibility with work hours and travel as needed
* Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify and manage priorities
* Ability to multi-task and work both in a team and independently
* Ability to understand all aspects of construction projects effectively and efficiently including, but not limited to budgeting, scheduling, construction and close-out
* Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to successfully communicate with architects, contractors, client s representatives, and team members
* Comply with all JLL policies and procedures, including but not limited to ethics and business practice.
* Assist the Local PDS team in meeting Adjusted Gross Margin ( AGM ) targets on a Regional and National level as determined on a yearly basis by the Management Executive Committee
* Any other reasonable duties and responsibilities that may be assigned
* Advanced MS Office skillset required
Start a lasting career with JLL today!
Total Rewards reflects JLL s investment in employees needs and preferences in Career, Recognition, Well-being, Benefits and Pay. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. To be considered, please visit our Web site at http://www.us.jll.com/united-states/en-us/pages/careers.aspx to apply online. All resumes MUST BE submitted via our web site. Please reference Job 42395BR
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. A Fortune 500 company with annual fee revenue of $5.2 billion and gross revenue of $6.0 billion, JLL has more than 280 corporate offices, operates in more than 80 countries and has a global workforce of more than 60,000. On behalf of its clients, the firm provides management and real estate outsourcing services for a property portfolio of 4.0 billion square feet, or 372 million square meters, and completed $138 billion in sales, acquisitions and finance transactions in 2015. Its investment management business, LaSalle Investment Management, has $59.1 billion of real estate assets under management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of excellence, integrity, respect and trust. We bring a sense of teamwork, inclusion and diversity in everything we pursue. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract, develop and retain the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
A best company to work for in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
World s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years
America s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine
#1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm 2013 from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years
This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
Information Security Statement
Employees are expected, at all times, to perform their responsibilities in accordance with the JLL Code of Business Ethics and the firm s