Account Manager Agriculture
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Account Manager - AgricultureJob ID:
Account Manager - Agriculture Job Code:
Broomfield, CO Job Description:
Do you enjoy using your sales experience, communication skills and analytical abilities to shape new business? Harris Geospatial is seeking an Account Manager for Agriculture that allows you to persistently explore and uncover the business needs of clients, support existing accounts and prospect for new clients in the expanding field of precision agriculture. You anticipate how decisions are made using relationship-building skills and uncover the needs of the customer to create solutions that can be expanded and tailored to grow their business. As an Account Manager you will be responsible for identifying and building new business while managing existing accounts. You will be expected to use creativity in designing and implementing a sales strategy that builds consensus for Harris solutions to secure business. The Account Manager will collaborate with Marketing Communications team to build strong messaging and brand awareness. This position will leverage our existing commercial software and flexible framework as well as 3rdparty expertise, frameworks and tools to provide the best solution to meet the customer needs. Qualifications:* Highly motivated team player to develop, implement, and manage a pursuit plan to meet or exceed corporate objectives and sales goals in assigned vertical market.
* Assess and communicate business support needs from Product Development, Marketing Communications, Pre/Post-Sales Technical Support, Contracts and Finance.* Provide presentations, demonstrations, trials and support for prospective and current customers.
* Demonstrate the ability to adapt to new technology trends and translate them into solutions that address customer needs
* Engage in organizations and tradeshows frequented by key prospects in assigned vertical market.
* Identify, evaluate, pursue and close new opportunities for Harris products in assigned vertical market.
* Provide monthly, quarterly and annual outlook and forecast.
* Create and execute on a quarterly vertical engagement plan working in close partnership with Account Managers, Sales Engineering, Marketing Communications, Custom Solutions, and Product Development to deliver on goals.
* Generate target list of large end-user customers to pursue. Utilize CRM to identify, develop, and close large-scale sales opportunities with targeted end-users.
* Successfully execute the account management process including account prioritization, account resourcing, and account planning
* Support and manage business partner's specific to the agriculture market. Required Qualifications:* BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
* 6+ years of experience in sales, business development providing solutions to businesses
* Demonstrated experience managing sales cycle including prospecting, proposing and closing Preferred Qualifications:* Experience working with the agriculture industry
* Understanding of Harris Geospatial offerings and using spatial and spectral analysis to solve industry problems
* Knowledge of agriculture budgeting and procurement cycle Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions. Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. Job Profile Matching Criteria:Expertise --Account Sales, --Business Development Education Bachelors (or equivalent work experience) Job Type Full Time Location USA - CO - Boulder .