Account Manager, Automotive 8/20/2016
Auburn Hills, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Celanese Corporation is a global technology leader in the production of specialty materials and chemical products which are used in most major industries and consumer applications. Our products, essential to everyday living, are manufactured in North America, Europe and Asia. Known for operational excellence, sustainability and premier safety performance, Celanese delivers value to customers around the globe with best-in-class technologies. Based in Dallas, Texas, the company employs approximately 7,100 employees worldwide and had 2015 net sales of $5.7 billion, with approximately 67% generated outside of North America. a
A Global Leader in the offering of specialized polymer materials, services and solutions, with sales and service locations on four continents is seeking an experienced Strategic Account Manager, Automotive, to join their organization in the Detroit, MI area.
The focus of the Account Development Manager, Automotive is to sell value to the company's largest strategic customer base and leverage the company's resources globally.
PURPOSE AND SUMMARY OF POSITION:
* Deliver profitable revenue growth, including new business development
* achieve gross margin targets as a percentage of sales
* Establish, track and close new business targets consistent with long term growth objectives at key accounts globally
* Develop, execute, and manage strategic account plans and new product introductions
* Coordinate cross functional teams in support of account objectives
* Implement marketing programs and provide feedback on resource needs and emerging opportunities
* Perform analysis of customer plans and create sales forecasts and account strategies.
* Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business, Chemistry or Polymer Sciences
* 3-10 sales experience, plastics/polymer industry preferred
* Skilled at value added selling and customer centric selling approaches
* Ability to apply complex analytical and critical thinking skills
* Strong business acumen
* The ability to sell at all levels
* Ability to exude enthusiasm, and professionalism throughout their daily routine
* Works well independently, without direction
* Has the ability to travel as needed, up to 50%, if necessary (mostly the local Detroit area)
* Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
* Excellent presentation, research and project coordination skills
* Self-motived with the ability to multi-task
* Strong technical skills/knowledge related to injection molding / extrusion (profile, film and/or fibers) tooling / part design
* A team-player, able to work interdependently
* Experience with Global Automotive Tier-Ones and Injection Molders.
* Have excellent communication, project management, and relationship management skills
* A proven closer - someone with a track record of sales success and prospecting
* Knowledgeable in current and future policies, trends, technology and general information that will affect the business organization.
* Knows and understands the competitive landscape associated with his/her products and applications.