This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONKloeckner Metals, a national steel service center, is currently seeking a motivated and driven sales person to join our Inside Sales team. Kloeckner offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, company 401(k) plan.
Kl ckner & Co is the largest producer-independent distributor of steel and metal products and one of the leading steel service center companies in the European and American markets combined. The core business of the Kl ckner & Co Group is the warehousing and distribution of steel and non-ferrous metals as well as the operation of steel service centers. More than 170,000 active customers are supplied through around 290 distribution and service locations by over 11,000 employees in more than 20 countries.
* Provide quality service to all customers
* Efficiently take customer orders ensuring inventory is available, pricing is within guidelines based upon the current price book, and delivery schedule can be met
* Effectively solve customer complaints
* Have sufficient knowledge of products we sell, customers end products, and our goal to value add
* Timely write up credit memos as outlined within the corporate guidelines
* Communicate effectively with Operations, Credit, Purchasing, Scheduling, Accounting and Outside Sales Follow up on all serious inquiries
* Make follow up sales calls to existing customers
* Develop new business by making additional phone calls
* College degree or equivalent and 2 years experience in steel sales
* Excellent communication skills
* Excellent customer relations
* Excellent writing skills
* Computer knowledge
* Through knowledge of products and product application
* Reliable job history
* Prior steel sales and/or customer service experience
* Have experience in fast pace sales environment and positive attitude
* Be willing to make many calls a day to various customers
* Coordinate with shipping to ensure prompt & accurate deliveries
* Be a team player
* Follow direction as set by management