Account Manager (DVT/TSS) - San Francisco, CA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Account Manager is responsible for providing and overseeing the pre-sales and post-sales product application support of assigned customers. The goals of this position will be to acquire and grow business in the current Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) & Therapeutic Support Surfaces (TSS) customer base, increase market share through expanding current lines of business in existing customers, develop and encourage strong customer relationships, build brand loyalty, and provide customer satisfaction. Responsible for maximizing our product portfolio offerings. The position provides customer training on the use and application of the product in the clinical environment.
* Serve as a key business partner to assigned clients in the field and develop and maintain strong relationships.
* Develop relationships with hospital personnel (e.g. through casual conversation, meetings, participation in conferences) to make new contacts in other departments within hospital and to identify key purchasing decision makers in order to facilitate future sales.
* Coordinate with Territory Manager on account coverage, potential opportunities and competitive activities.
* Proactively understand customer needs and when complaints arise regarding products, develops creative and feasible solutions or working with other related personnel (e.g. clinical research, pricing and/or marketing) to develop optimal solutions.
* Responsible for coordinating, planning and implementing initial clinical application and customer training on all products. Utilizing only company and regulatory approved materials during all activities.
* Support the sales team by providing product expertise, assisting with demo equipment and clinical evaluations, and supporting evaluation of customer requirements.
* Resolve routine or daily account administration (billing, invoicing, credit limits, etc.)
* Utilize SalesForce.com to track and monitor selling efforts.
* Ability to work flexible hours and weekends to meet business and/or customer needs including participation in 24/7 call schedule rotation in support of Critical Care (Rotoprone) placements as directed.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Solid understanding of specified functional area, and application of business concepts, procedures and practices.
* Must have training experience and the ability to present to large groups of industry professionals.
* Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills are required.
* Capable of managing time and resources within the assigned territory in conjunction with near-term plans to ensure the territory's objectives are achieved.
* Ensure compliance with governmental regulations and maintaining honesty, integrity and excellent work ethics.
* Able to enhance teamwork within the region and maintain a collaborative relationship with all levels of the organization.
* Carry out operations within an established budget.
* Able to meet and exceed the assigned sales plan on an annual basis.
* Must have sound knowledge of a variety of alternatives and their impact on the business, and be able to exercise judgment in selecting innovative and practical methods to achieve problem resolution in the assigned territory.
* Establish and cultivate an extensive network of support to facilitate completion of assignments.
* Basic to intermediate Microsoft Office skills in Excel, Word and Outlook and familiarity with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools (SalesForce.com).
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
* Minimum of 2-3 years medical device and/or capital sales experience.
* Proven sales track record in the relevant product line.
* Miller Heiman Strategic Selling certification preferred.
* Must have a valid driver's license.
Environmental/Safety/Physical Work Conditions:
* While performing the functions of this position, the individual must be able to frequently stand, walk, sit and drive a vehicle for an extended period of time.
* Travel as required to customer sites (overnight travel will vary depending on the territory). Travel requirement up to 50%.
* The individual must have use of hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; speak and hear.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
* Must be able to complete series of inoculations as required.
* Ability to travel by car or public transportation as needed.
* Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move a minimum of 35 lbs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Getinge Group is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability