Account Manager 8/26/2016
Werner Electric Supply
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUMMARY
Sell products and services for manufacturer or distributor to business and industrial establishments or individuals at sales office, store, showroom, or customer's place of business by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Compile lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads based on information from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, internet websites, and other sources.
* Travel throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders or talk with customers by phone.
* Display or demonstrate product using samples or catalog and emphasize salable features.
* Quote prices and credit terms and prepare sales contracts for orders obtained.
* Estimate date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of own vendor's production and delivery schedules.
* Prepare reports of business transactions and keep expense accounts.
* Work with Customer Service Representatives/Inside Sales Representatives to keep account activities and literature up to date.
* Provide feedback on adequate stock levels.
* Coordinate customer training.
* Provide new customer data and other sales data for current customers to be entered into computer database.
* Develop and maintain relationships with customer contacts.
* Investigate and resolve customer problems with deliveries.
* Attend trade shows.
* Maintain customer contracts.
* Develop and maintain vendor relationships.
* Provide direction and assistance for Customer Service Representatives.
* Inform other branch personnel of sales activities.
* Responsible for vehicle maintenance and upkeep.
* Other related duties as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
* Able to deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events and change approach or method to best fit the situation.
* Displays original and creative thinking through innovative suggestions for improving work and alternative solutions to problems.
* Makes sound, timely judgments and is able to support and explain reasoning behind these decisions.
* Prioritizes work activities to complete work in a timely manner and meet productivity standards.
* Observes safety and security procedures, uses equipment and materials properly, and reports potentially unsafe situations.
* Contributes to a positive team spirit by supporting everyone's efforts to succeed.
* Demonstrates initiative by seeking increased responsibilities and development activities and taking calculated risks.
* Responds promptly to customer requests for service and assistance to provide superior customer service.
* Follows instructions and responds to management direction.
* Exhibits punctuality and good attendance and ensures that work responsibilities are covered when absent.
* Follows through on commitments and completes tasks on time or notifies an appropriate person with an alternative plan.
* Takes responsibility for own actions.
* Promotes a harassment-free environment through respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
* Works ethically and with integrity while maintaining confidentiality and supporting the organization's goals and values.
* Treats others with respect and consideration, regardless of their status or position.
* Acts as an inspirational leader by exhibiting confidence in self and others and passion and optimism for organization's goals.
* Makes self available to staff and includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating, and process improvement.
* Inspires respect and trust and is able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
* Effectively influences actions and opinions of others.
Interpersonal and Communication Skills:
* Exhibits good oral communication skills by speaking clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listening without interrupting, getting clarification, and responding well to questions.
* Reacts well under pressure and keeps emotions under control while using reason to manage difficult situations.
* Works well in group problem-solving situations through objectivity and openness to others' views.
* Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
Strategic Thinking and Actions:
* Aligns work to aid organization in meeting strategic goals through an understanding of organization's strengths and weaknesses as well as the business implications of decisions.
* Puts success of the team above own interests.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors' Degree or equivalent experience required. 1-2 years related experience required.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Must be able to effectively present information and respond to groups of customers, managers, clients, employees of the organization, and the general public.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide with ease and efficiency in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Must be able to work with mathematical concepts such as margins, markup, and discounts as well as the ability to apply concepts such as percentages, fractions, ratios, and proportions in practical situations.
REASONING ABILITY: Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram form. Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS: Must have and maintain a valid driver's license.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Frequently required to sit, talk, and hear. Regularly required to stand, walk, and use hands. Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.