This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Applied Industrial Technologies
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Account representatives don t pass up this opportunity for a great new job that combines client management with a consultative sales process for a global industrial distribution company. Join our team at Applied Industrial Technologies! In partnership with more than 4,000 world-class manufacturers, we are an industry-leading value-added distributor of a wide variety of innovative, efficient, and reliable industrial products. Since 1923, we have been committed to always having the right part in stock and always getting it to the customer when they need it.
We are currently seeking an experienced Account Manager to help us maintain that commitment as we continue to grow.
This is a relationship-based sales role in which you will build a book of business as you develop an established territory and customer base. All earnings are uncapped your income is limited only by your ability to network and prospect for new customers and to grow your existing accounts. If you have a background in industrial distribution and are the kind of person who can talk with everyone from the CEO to the maintenance man on the shop floor and the purchasing agent, we want to talk with you!
Here is just some of what we have to offer:
* Base salary and bonus opportunities
* Health, vision, and dental coverage
* 401(k) with company match
* Company vehicle
* Expense and cell phone reimbursement
* Personalized training and development program
* Career development and advancement opportunities
As an Account Manager, you will grow your territory (and your earnings!) by bringing in new business and developing repeat business relationships within your existing accounts. This will require that you call on engineers, maintenance, purchasing, and others to determine their needs through a consultative approach. This position reports directly to our General Manager.
Your specific duties in this role will include:
* Achieving sales and profit goals by developing and retaining existing customers and by opening new business
* Conducting sales and service activities, developing strong customer relationships, identifying product applications, and introducing new products and services
* Preparing quotations and proposals, following up, negotiating terms, and closing transactions
* Organizing and conducting training sessions for customers
* Surveying market and competitive conditions
* Completing reports regarding itineraries, expenses, sales calls, leads, and other related matters
* Monitoring customer complaints, following up on outstanding orders, and making emergency calls, night calls, and deliveries as required
As an Account Manager, you must be self-motivated and driven by a desire to exceed expectations. You should also have strong prioritization, planning, and time-management skills as well as a sense of urgency regarding customer follow-up. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to establish rapport and build solid relationships at all levels of customer organizations.
Specific qualifications for the role include:
* 1 to 5 years of customer service experience
* 1 to 5 years of sales experience
* 1 to 5 years of industrial sales knowledge.
* Proven experience and success in developing new business, building repeat business, and managing a sales territory
* Mechanical aptitude and the ability to perform hands-on product demonstrations for customers and prospects
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Valid driver s license and satisfactory driving record
The following qualifications are preferred but not required:
* Industrial distribution background
* Bilingual ability in English and Spanish
* Power transmission and bearings product experience
* Experience in related industries (ex: HVAC, maintenance, construction or electrical / plumbing distribution)
* Build a rewarding sales career with a global leader in industrial distribution!
Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT) is a leading industrial distributor that offers more than five million parts to serve the needs of MRO and OEM customers in virtually every industry. In addition, Applied provides engineering, design and systems integration for industrial and fluid power applications, as well as customized mechanical, fabricated rubber and fluid power shop services. Applied also offers maintenance training and inventory management solutions that provide added value to our customers.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please send an email to email@example.com or call 216-426-4776 to let us know the nature of your request.