Account Manager, Momentum
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 11/22/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTION.Tracking Code
/ ACCOUNT MANAGER, BUSINESS LEADERSHIP
/ JOB OVERVIEW
An amazing opportunity to work on a luxury Spirits Portfolio which straddles both lifestyle and CPG disciplines, you ll become versed in both concurrently. You ll be an integral part of yearly brand planning, mastering and refining your strategy skillset. You need to adopt our work-hard, play-hard mentality as we like to have fun working on these brands yet know there is a tremendous amount of rigor needed to keep at top of the Spirits category. The account operates under a start-up agency yet is supported by a global organization, meaning you can achieve great professional growth and personal recognition.
* Develops rapport with clients, troubleshooting conflicts as they arise.
* Leads the development of strategic solutions (sales promotions, event marketing, retail programing, etc.) which build brand equity and delivers results for the client.
* Maintains a current and intensive knowledge of client s business in order to direct and contribute to their marketing plans. Uses such knowledge to anticipate the need for strategic changes.
* Plans and executes assignments that are on strategy, on time and on budget.
* Delivers polished client presentations.
* Actively contributes to overall idea generation with agency team and inter-agency team (would serve as active member of an inter-agency team)
* Ensures that the financial aspects of the programs/account(s) are managed according to agency procedures.
* Guides, advises, and assists Account Executive in his/her growth development.
* Keeps Director, Business Leadership appropriately involved and informed on all major aspects of accounts and reports to him/her and agency management on the progress of business.
* Responsible for the accuracy and clarity of any written document, including conference reports, status reports and marketing plans, before submission to the client.
* Knows budgets, finances and commitments, etc. at all times and furnishes monthly updates to client.
/ REQUIREMENTS (SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, COMPETENCIES)
* Bachelor degree
* 5-7 years of experience as an agency account manager or event marketing specialist
* Experience in Spirits/liquor marketing highly preferred
* Self-starter, proven ability to get-the-job-done , whatever it takes
* Working knowledge and experience with media
* Strong negotiator, adept at representing the interests of all involved parties
* Strong writing skills with ability to communicate points-of-view succinctly, thoroughly, and convincingly
* Outstanding presentation skills and the ability to effectively communicate
* Proven success with conflict management and problem solving amid highly political situations
* Management of large budgets, and ability to deliver within/under assigned budget
* Ability to represent agency independently
* Tenacious, yet diplomatic, follow-through, with client, agency and third parties
* Creative and strategic thinker
* Experience with evaluating creative and selling-in concepts
* Collaborative thinker (ability to think in 360 marketing manner)
* Strong relationship builder (talent to identify/maximize ways-of-working)
* Ability to work independently as well as in team environment
* Competitive by nature, not to alienate co-workers, but rather protect the integrity of business and elevate the caliber of the work
* Travel as required by Client /Agency team
New York, New York, United States