Account Manager, Pharma Processing Americas - California
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe role of the Account Manager for Pharma Processing Americas is to continually and consistently increase MilliporeSigma s market share and revenues by collaborating with customers and prospects to solve their unique challenges; and to identify new business opportunities.
As a member of the Pharma Processing Americas team, you will sell a broad portfolio of raw material products, (in-process chemicals, cell culture media and supplements) to pharmaceutical and biotech customers. You will create value for both the customer and MilliporeSigma. You will strategically manage projects and resources to ensure long term profitable growth. You will increase MilliporeSigma s market share, emphasize differentiation from MilliporeSigma s competitors, and build upon MilliporeSigma s reputation for excellence within your territory.
* Ensure that the quarterly and annual target is achieved, by gaining market share (e.g. competitive conversions, customer expansions, etc.), maintaining market share (e.g. process optimization, timely reaction to customer inquiries, etc.), and seeding MilliporeSigma products in the customer s pipeline
* Develop a detailed strategic plan to manage your territory; maintain, protect, and seed your business for both short and long term revenue growth
* Know and be known by your customers; maintain regular presence within territory
* Identify your customer s needs/goals/challenges, and provide solutions to fulfill their needs through the proper positioning of MilliporeSigma products, services, and/or knowledge/expertise.
* Inform, train and influence customers.
* Identify and map the key stakeholders and decision makers around projects and opportunities in your territory
* Secure targeted meetings to identify and advance opportunities with your customers
* Follow-up on leads in a timely fashion
* Close action items and customer requests completely and in a timely fashion
* Attend tradeshows and provide booth coverage as needed
* Lead and organize internal partners around presenting to, or supporting your customers; provide input and direction on content, customer needs/drivers, audience profile, etc.
* Create and deliver presentations; coordinates appropriate resources for customer visits
* Provide, an accurate, detailed forecasts for your territory.
* Coordinates and participates in customer audits, technical visits and lunch-n-learn program
* Utilize sales tools regularly and properly to gain efficiencies and to document customer interactions (CRM, tablets, literature, etc)
* Complete all required training in a timely and thorough fashion
* Work collaboratively with business partners (customer service, technical service, field marketing, technology management, demand planning, etc)
* The ideal candidate will bring a minimum of 5 years of experience in the Life Sciences environment.
* Experience in upstream processing and familiarity with cell culture media is a plus.
* Candidates must demonstrate a natural affinity to influence and/or sell to all levels of an organization. Sales experience is preferred and equivalent strong industry background is a plus.
* Bachelor s Degree (preferably in a Life Science)
* Fluent English required
* Working knowledge of pharmaceutical and biotech drug production processes/unit operations
* Able to build and maintain strong relationships; builds credibility and trust
* Self-motivated, assertive, takes initiative and works independently
* Plans time and priorities in an effective manner to achieve goals for sustainable results
* Innate curiosity with an understanding of how curiosity benefits all
* A committed learner, dedicated to continuously increasing knowledge and skills
* Decisive: knows how to build a solid case and can drive a decision when appropriate
* Demonstrates ability to persuade, through logic and bottom-line reasoning
* Possesses exceptionally strong conceptual skills can see the big picture and can translate it compellingly in writing and speech
* Talented at listening to the expressed needs and wants of others
* Uses skillful questioning to draw out information for diagnosing a situation
* Evaluates results and makes adjustments to achieve better business outcomes; learns from mistakes
* Perceives the impact and the implications of decisions on other components of the company as well as the impact on clients and suppliers
* Able to work closely with functional support organizations to effectively achieve goals.
* Understands the basics of pricing and can articulate the value or reasons behind pricing
* Utilizes effective negotiation skills; generates results with positive outcomes for both parties
* Generates accurate business forecasts
* Possesses the ability to assesses a situation, the people and temperament, and uses that information to guide thinking and behavior
* Anticipates areas of conflict, manages disagreement, and works toward resolution
* Shapes opinions of key stakeholders
* Respects the needs and contributions of others
* Flexible and willing to travel within territory (with occasional overnight stays) to optimize customer engagement; occasional international travel required.
MilliporeSigma plays an integral part in the life science community, harnessing our passion and innovation to help researchers and drug producers around the world. As science advances, we advance with it, offering new insight and cutting-edge technologies helping our customers solve the world's most challenging human health issues. Our promise to our customers is that we'll be there every step of the way. MilliporeSigma is a division of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany. Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany is a global pharmaceutical and chemical company with a history that began in 1668, and a future shaped by around 40,000 employees in 64 countries.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.