Account Manager- San Jose, CA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
San Jose, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
The Account Manager is responsible for sales in assigned geographical area and/or key accounts. They manage, direct, and coordinate all sales plans and programs. This position will service super markets in the San Jose, CA area.
The Account Manager will create partnering relationships of trust, integrity, customer satisfaction and loyalty. They collaborate with their teams to achieve the objective of building out the store. This position will service stores in the San Jose area. Spanish fluency preferred.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
* Develop and execute sales plans and goals designed to increase sales, profits, market share and minimize expenses.
* Oversee development of new business and servicing of existing accounts.
* Create partnerships with vendor, broker and other trade partners.
* Maintain excellent customer relations. Meet or exceed client expectations and established deadlines.
* Develop and maintain effective internal/external working relationships with a diverse group of individuals.
* Analyze sales reporting and create strategies to drive sales.
* Establish and maintain professional business relationship/presence with customers, vendors and trade partners in accordance with company standards.
* Present complex topics in an engaging manner to business professionals at all levels of an organization.
* Develop new sales opportunities with existing and/or new customer bases.
* Provide focus on strong category management and respond in a timely manner to all opportunities to present new and existing product lines to customers.
* Solicit, accept and enter customer orders when necessary.
* Complete special projects as required.
* Bachelor s degree in Marketing, Business Management or a related field or equivalent experience.
* Understanding and knowledge of products.
* Understanding of sales forecasting, programs, promotions and related techniques.
* Familiarity with sales opportunities.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
* Understanding of margin and company profitability.
* Minimum of two years of sales experience preferred.
* Development and execution of business plans, sales plans, and/or commission programs.
* System implementation preferred
Skills / Abilities:
* Strong leadership abilities
* Proven track record of meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
* Excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation skills.
* Ability to interact at all levels of the business.
* Able to manage and coordinate projects.
* Comfortable in a highly open, dynamic and collaborative company culture.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, sales team environment.
* Demonstrated ability to drive new business and close sales.
* The ability to exceed at; customer service skills, problem solving, attention to detail and organizational skills.
* Ability to analyze data based on customer needs.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.