This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/18/2016
END DATE 10/17/2016
Applied Industrial Technologies
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY At Applied Maintenance Supplies and Solutions (MSS), the Account Manager role has an immediate impact on our customers, on our company performance, and on personal earnings. We'll ensure that you receive ongoing training and provide you with solid feedback and support to help you reach your goals. This is a wonderful opportunity for a strong outside sales representative who thrives in consultative sales and has some knowledge of industrial products.
Reporting directly to the District Sales Manager, you will be responsible for building a territory and growing earnings by developing repeat business relationships in existing accounts and opening new business. Use our handheld technology to manager customer s inventory and sell new products. You will also be responsible for calling on engineers, maintenance, purchasing and others using your consultative selling approach to learn about your customers' applications and needs.
* Achieve sales and profit goals by developing existing customers, opening new business, and customer retention
* Conduct sales and service activities, develop strong customer relationships, identify product applications, and introduce new products and services
* Prepare quotations and proposals, follow up and negotiate terms, and close transactions
* Product demonstration sessions for customers, survey market and competitive conditions
* Complete reports regarding itineraries, expenses, sales calls, leads and other related reports
* Monitor customer complaints, follow up on outstanding orders, and make emergency calls as necessary.
* 6 + months business to business sales experience or proven professional leadership skills
* Valid driver s license and satisfactory driving record are essential
* Basic word, excel, and computer skills
* High school diploma or equivalency
* Must live in specified territory
* Must have dependable vehicle
* Proven experience in developing new business, building repeat business, and managing a sales territory
* Hands-on product demonstrations for customers and prospects; mechanical aptitude
* Business to business outside sales experience
* Self-starter and self-motivated
* Relationship-building skills at all levels with customers and prospect organizations
* Sense of humor
* Good communication skills, written and verbal
* Great planning and organizational skill
Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT) is a leading industrial distributor that offers more than five million parts to serve the needs of MRO and OEM customers in virtually every industry. In addition, Applied provides engineering, design and systems integration for industrial and fluid power applications, as well as customized mechanical, fabricated rubber and fluid power shop services. Applied also offers maintenance training and inventory management solutions that provide added value to our customers.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 216-426-4776 to let us know the nature of your request.