Account Manager Scotland
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
The Account Manager will be responsible for the sale of
products from the Environmental Health Division of
PerkinElmer in Scotland in a manner which positively
reflects the Company image.
The territory covers all of Scotland, but the main
customers are concentrated in Edinburgh and Glasgow so
there is a strong preference for the candidate to live
in or near to these cities.
The product portfolio falls into two areas:
* Separation Sciences including Gas Chromatography
(GC) and Liquid Chromatography (LC);
* Spectroscopy including Ultraviolet (UV), Infrared
(IR), Atomic Absorption (AA) and Inductively Coupled
Previous sales experience of instrumentation is an
advantage, however, we will consider applications from
candidates with experience using relevant
instrumentation in a laboratory environment who are
considering a change in career direction.
Priorities and Objectives
To compete for all sales opportunities within the
territory, ensuring that all necessary resources needed
are used in order to close business in favour of
To build and maintain relationships with existing and
potential customers to allow product and service
information to be communicated and strategic information
to be gathered.
* Competes for all sales opportunities within the
* Builds and maintains relationships with customers
* Constant attempts to secure business in new accounts
* Gains knowledge of customer funding procedures
* Develops and maintains the CRM customer/prospect
* Attend seminars, exhibitions and demonstrations to
* Maintains knowledge of products and prepares,
collects and maintains presentation aids.
* Maintains knowledge of competitors products
* Regular business forecasts
* Involvement with customer account receivables
* A degree or equivalent in Chemistry, Pharmacy,
Pharmacology or similar
* Command of English language, written and oral.
* Full UK driving licence
* Proven sales experience, within laboratory
Instrumentation an advantage
* Sales training will be given to laboratory
technicians/scientists who have used relevant
instrumentation in industry or academia.
* Good presentation, communication and inter-personal
skills including negotiation skills
* Numerate and competent with detail and analysis
* Prepared to travel throughout Scotland and sometimes
overseas on an ad hoc basis.
% of Travel Required : 60-70%