Account Manager - Small Group Employee Benefits (4812) 9/7/2016
Alliant Insurance Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY With a history dating back to 1925, Alliant Insurance Services is one of the nation s leading distributors of diversified insurance products and services. Operating through a national network of offices, Alliant provides property and casualty, workers compensation, employee benefits, surety, and financial products and services to more than 26,000 clients nationwide. Alliant Insurance Services ranks among the 15 largest insurance brokerage firms in the United States.
Responsible for providing customer service and overall service of assigned customers and/or policies, soliciting of new business on existing accounts and support of Producer-led new business efforts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Fosters and manages overall relationship with clients ensuring retention of mid market book of business and high satisfaction;
* Reviews client team s RFPs;
* Selects markets for solicitation;
* Analyzes market proposals for verification of benefits, premiums, and competitiveness;
* Reviews coverage contracts for accuracy of policy provisions;
* Meets with clients for pre-renewal strategy, proposal delivery and explanation;
* Conducts client open enrollment meetings and answers questions regarding benefit coverage;
* Negotiates with markets for benefits premium concessions;
* Ensures that client team handles client benefit inquiries and manages team to effectively service clients; resolves escalated service issues;
* Manages new carrier and plan implementations for book of business;
* Ensures team prepares claims experience and utilization reports and reviews for accuracy;
* Reacts, processes, and follows up on new business;
* Meets with clients as needed or directed by Producer;
* Engages in optimal and appropriate usage of applicable agency management systems;
* Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCEBachelor s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
5 - 7 years related work experience
Valid insurance license
Must continue to meet Continuing Education requirements for license renewal
Encouraged to complete Career Path requirements as communicated by supervisor
SKILLSExcellent oral and written communication skills
Ability to work within a team and to foster teamwork
Excellent customer service skills, including telephone and listening skills
Good leadership, problem solving and time management skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Proficient in Agency Management System
Ability to prioritize work for multiple projects and deadlines
We are proud to provide comprehensive, high quality employee programs to meet employees needs now and in the future, including a very competitive financial package. We encourage you to explore what we have to offer.
Alliant is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.