Account Manager - Southern Cross (Chicago, IL)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
The Account Manager is responsible for working with Southern Cross Trading Company vendors and sales organization to ensure sales growth and customer service in the assigned region.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
* Call on retail buyers
* Work closely with chain account reps to build the represented lines in their account
* Develop and bring opportunities to the vendors for assigned retailer.
* Make or accompany vendors on sales presentation to buyers.
* Assist the vendor in promotional planning.
* Complete and submit necessary paperwork to the retailer.
* Attend sales meetings and corporate food show
* Participate in annual Southern Cross Meetings
* Attend table top show
* Attend Corporate food shows
* Attend Expos and Fancy Food show
* Participate in national sales meetings
* Provide excellent customer service
* Performs other job duties as required
* Bachelor s degree in marketing or business management (or a related field) or equivalent experience preferred.
* Minimum of five years of sales experience preferred.
* Experience in developing and carrying out business plans, sales plans, and commission programs
* System Implementation preferred
* Knowledge of Company products.
* Understanding of sales forecasting, programs, promotions and related techniques.
* Familiarity with sales markets.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
* Strong leadership abilities
* Proven track record of meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
* Excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation skills.
* Ability to interact at all levels of business.
* Able to manage and coordinate projects.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.