Account Manager (State of Alaska)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 6/29/2017
* Responsible for sales, strategic account planning and overall relationship management for a number of "target" customers within the State.
* Develop and implement a comprehensive sales plan for each "target" account and or geography and their buying centers covering the full portfolio of Motorola products and services (core and emerging technologies)
* Assemble and coordinate a diverse team of internal & external sales resources to assess customer's needs and address their requirements
* Act as a trusted advisor to influence customer's technology platform decisions and develop preference and loyalty for Motorola Solutions
* Proactively develop large project opportunities encompassing a wide range of products and services
* Proactively engage and lead channel partners in selling Motorola products and services to customers buying centers where appropriate
* Develop strong relationships with key decision makers and influencers within and outside of public safety; Sheriff, Mayor, CIO, Police Chief, Fire Chief and other officials in order to understand and influence technology and funding priorities
* Proactively engage Motorola executive sponsors to build a strategic relationship to position long term opportunities for Motorola
* Develop Motorola procurement vehicles for multiple solutions to be leveraged across customer base
* Bachelors Degree required, MBA or equivalent Master's degree preferred.
* 2 + years of sales experience preferred. Outside sales experience selling solutions into government organizations preferred.
* Strong relationship development and management skills
* Experience utilizing strategic account management practices and tools
* Excellent communication skills (oral, written & presentation)
* Ability to quickly learn and understand customer needs and apply & communicate the ability of our solutions to satisfy those needs.
* Excellent negotiation skills
* Ability to develop and maintain relationships with a C-Level executives
* Ability to establish oneself as a trusted advisor
* Ability to lead a diverse group in addressing customer requirements
* High tech solutions sales experience a plus
* Knowledge of industry trends and best practices a plus
* Highly motivated and results oriented
* Experience utilizing channel partners to address customer requirements
1 - 3
Bachelors Degree 2+ years of sales or public safety experience