This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Applied Industrial Technologies
Sterling Heights, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONAccount representatives - don't pass up this opportunity for a great new job that combines Client management with a Consultative sales process for a global industrial distribution company. Partnering with 4,000 world-class manufacturers, we are an industry-leading value-added distributor of a wide variety of innovative and reliable industrial products. Since 1923, we have been committed to always having the right part in stock and always getting it to the customer when they need it.
We are currently seeking an experienced Account Manager to help us maintain that commitment as we continue to grow.
This is a relationship-based sales role. Build your book of business as you develop an established territory and customer base. All earnings are uncapped - your income is limited only by your ability to network and prospect for new customers and to grow your existing accounts. If you have a background in industrial distribution and are the kind of person who can talk with everyone from the CEO to the maintenance man on the shop floor and the purchasing agent, we want to talk with you!
As an Account Manager, you will grow your territory (and your earnings!) by bringing in new business and developing repeat business relationships within your existing accounts. This will require that you call on engineers, maintenance, purchasing, and others to determine their needs through a consultative approach. This position reports directly to our General Manager.
* Achieve sales and profit goals by developing and retaining existing customers and by opening new business
* Conduct sales and service activities, develop strong customer relationships, identify product applications, and introduce new products and services
* Prepare quotations and proposals, follow up, negotiate terms, and close transactions
* Organize and conduct training sessions for customers
* Survey market and competitive conditions
* Complete reports regarding itineraries, expenses, sales calls, leads, and other related matters
* Monitor customer complaints, follow up on outstanding orders, and mak emergency calls, night calls, and deliveries as required
Our Account Managers are self-motivated and driven by a desire to exceed expectations. They have strong prioritization, planning, and time-management skills, and a sense of urgency. Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to establish rapport building solid relationships at all levels of customer organizations are keys to success.
* Minimum of 2 years proven outside industrial sales experience with a tangible product OR 2+ yrs customer service / inside sales experience with bearing and power transmission products
* Proven experience and success in developing new business, building repeat business, and managing a sales territory
* Mechanical aptitude, strong desire to succeed, sense of urgency, & sense of humor
* Good communication skills (written & verbal), good English grammar
* Computer skills and knowledge, including Excel
* Power transmission, hydraulics, and/or bearings product experience preferred
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record (MVR)
Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT) is a leading industrial distributor that offers more than five million parts to serve the needs of MRO and OEM customers in virtually every industry. In addition, Applied provides engineering, design and systems integration for industrial and fluid power applications, as well as customized mechanical, fabricated rubber and fluid power shop services. Applied also offers maintenance training and inventory management solutions that provide added value to our customers.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 216-426-4776 to let us know the nature of your request.