Key Account Sales Manager-West Coast
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 11/19/2016
SolarWorld Industries America
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
About the Position
The strategic account manager is responsible for the development and sales of specific SolarWorld products or services to utility, institutional investors, solar developers and EPC s, while maintaining relationships with existing accounts. These accounts generally involve a longer sales cycle which requires providing professional leadership and coordination with the team. This involves working cross-functionally with our sales support, engineering, and finance team to effectively manage fulfillment of orders through delivery and payment.
Primary responsibilities for this position include the following:
* Individually contribute sales volume through SolarWorld s long standing capabilities, market expertise, and value-add offerings.
* Develop and implement innovative sales strategies and processes that drive market penetration and segment growth.
* Prepare and present complex solutions to support the sales effort.
* Analyze marketing data and develop sales plans for our industry segments with a strong emphasis on SolarWorld s customer value proposition (CVPS).
* Establish and maintain strong relationships with independent solar developers within your territory.
* Generate and maintain standard presentations and proposal materials that highlight both SolarWorld s strengths and customer value proposition (CVPS).
* Generate and develop leads and qualify prospects through cold-calling and other lead generation activities, particularly private sector entities and customers.
* Develop and maintain strategic cooperative relationships to support business objectives.
* Review, filter and track new sales opportunities for effective customer and prospect development and reporting.
* Participate in developing company strategy, lead development of the sales strategy, and lead the implementation and execution of strategy in your segment as well as identifying applications to related segments.
* Build sales momentum in your segment and achieve targeted and specific sales objectives.
* As needed travel is an essential function of this position.
* Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate for this position brings an enthusiasm for saving the environment through our philosophy of sustainability clean energy from sand and sun . All employees of SolarWorld must be able to operate in a flexible environment and be able to tolerate ambiguity as we develop processes to accomplish deliverables. Our employees relish a challenge and look forward to exercising creative freedom to accomplish new tasks.
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of experience, knowledge, and skills:
* Bachelor s Degree in Engineering, Business or Marketing, Finance, or related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Expertise developing new accounts, strategic alliances and sales partners evidenced by at least 5+ years of experience in outside sales, preference given to candidates with recent experience in the solar PV industry.
* The successful candidate should demonstrate prior ability to sell complex solar solutions to customers by working collaboratively in a multi-cultural, multi-site organization.
* Demonstrated success in business development activities leading to closed sales and successful construction projects.
* Demonstrated understanding of solar project financing and related state and federal incentive programs.
* Demonstrated track record of long sales cycle management.
* Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
* Demonstrated ability to understand and take complex information and present it simply and accurately to various client stakeholders in various departments, including finance, facilities and sustainability experts.
* Strong organization and presentation skills, detailed and process orientation are required.
* Must be able to work independently as well as thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, team environment.
* Strong desire to bring best practices to the team, share your knowledge and expertise and enable your team members' mutual success as the organization continues to grow.
* Detailed experience with MS Office suite (e.g., Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook) for analysis, presentation and communication.
* Experience successfully working in a decentralized, start-up environment.
* Must possess valid driver s license and be able to travel regionally and nationally as required.
* Attendance is a mandatory function of this position.
SolarWorld is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/Veteran/G
All offers of employment are contingent upon a candidate s successful completion of SolarWorld s pre-employment drug testing, and background investigation, which includes employment, education and criminal histories.