This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
The Account Manager will sell to, plan, develop and maintain account relationships that will add value for clients by coordinating the use of other company resources. The Account Manager will also support company initiatives in developing new market opportunities, investigate and resolve customer problems with deliveries. Responsibilities include managing financials and volume metrics.
Smithfield is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.
The Account Manager will be accountable for the following:
* Manage metrics to meet or exceed all assigned sales objectives including volume, profit, and expense associated with selling products to retail accounts.
* Manage and develop field sales accounts and broker network.
* Execute key distribution, placement, pricing and promotion initiatives within assigned accounts.
* Interact with internal personnel regarding sales issues, inventory, shortages, sale confirmations, & pricing.
* Assist in developing and executing customer plans; maintains account relationships.
* Resolve credit & account receivables issues in conjunction with customer service;
* Responsible for sales forecasting, financial and trade spending management and utilizing fact-based selling tools to manage established sales plan.
* Strong aptitude to effectively interpret and use multiple information sources to develop customer-specific tactical plans and options.
* Fiscally accountable for managing within an assigned budget.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
* Bachelor s degree in business or related field and 2 to 5 + years sales experience in a direct selling consumer products goods (CPG) organization such as grocery, perishables; equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
* Previous Retail sales experience required
* Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, decision-making and negotiation skills
* Proven ability to build and maintain strong, effective relationship with customers and functional groups.
* Demonstrated strong analytical, organizational, and planning abilities, which include sales, trade, and marketing concepts and methods in a sales environment.
* Competent in Microsoft Office Suite; SAP; experience in trade spending management; previous Blacksmith experience desirable.
* Valid driver s license required.
Up to 25% travel can be expected for this position
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Occasionally exposed to a variety of conditions, which would include heat, cold, wet, noise and working on hard and/or slippery surfaces.