Territory Sales Manager-West Coast
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 11/29/2016
SolarWorld Industries America
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
About the Position
Reporting to the Head of Sales, the Account Manager is responsible for supporting SolarWorld s sales strategy in the Western/West Coast territory. You will work independently, as well as with peers in sales, marketing and financial services companies to identify and expand sales opportunities across channels. You will be responsible for identifying opportunities, selling solar PV solutions to a variety of customer types, developing new relationships and partnerships with distributors, hosting training with installers and ensuring sales objectives are met in your territory. This position also includes gathering competitive data to help SolarWorld develop products and strategies to grow faster than the market.
Primary responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
* Meet and exceed objectives by creating and executing sales strategy to expand market share and maximizing revenue growth in assigned territory.
* Improve positioning and strengthen overall relationships with existing partners and distributors.
* Establish, qualify, develop and maintain relationships with new and existing solar integrators, PPA providers, distributors and large scale installers.
* Maintain sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
* Partner with the Project Solutions team to identify and qualify large-scale projects through channel partners.
* Work with cross-functional teams to coordinate the involvement of company personnel, including but not limited marketing, operations, support groups and management resources to meet customer objectives and expectations.
* Generate, develop and qualify leads and prospects through cold-calling and other lead generation activities.
* Develop sales presentation collateral and project proposals that include marketing, technical and financial information to close key contracts.
* Review, filter and track new and existing sales opportunities in CRM system.
* Work with marketing to develop effective product collateral and marketing activities to support sales.
* Other duties as assigned, maintaining flexibility to support company objectives.
The ideal candidate for this position brings an enthusiasm for saving the environment through our philosophy of sustainability clean energy from sand and sun . All employees of SolarWorld must be able to operate in a fast-paced, high-growth work environment, be able to tolerate ambiguity as we develop processes and operate entrepreneurially to accomplish deliverables. Our employees relish a challenge and look forward to exercising creative freedom to accomplish new tasks.
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
* Bachelor s Degree in Engineering, Business or Marketing, or related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Minimum of 3-5 years experience with increasing responsibility in sales/territory management, preferably in the energy, utility, project engineering or other service related industry.
* Proven experience developing new accounts, strategic alliances and sales channel partners.
* Preference given to candidates who demonstrate an understanding of project financing and/or government (local, state, federal) related incentive programs through proposal development and terms & conditions negotiation.
* Must be able to work independently as well as thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, team environment.
* The successful candidate should demonstrate prior ability to obtain business results by working collaboratively in a multi-cultural, multi-site organization.
* Strong desire to bring best practices to the team, share your knowledge and expertise and enable your team members' mutual success as the organization continues to grow.
* Excellent analytical ability and strong communication skills, with the ability to create and present compelling proposals.
* Strong organization skills detailed and process orientation.
* Excellent interpersonal skills, a collaborative style and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
* Experience successfully working in a decentralized, start-up environment.
* Skilled in the use and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, etc.
* Must possess a valid driver s license and passport and have the ability to travel domestically and internationally, as required.
* Attendance is a mandatory function of this position.
SolarWorld is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V/G
All offers of employment are contingent upon a candidate s successful completion of SolarWorld s pre-employment drug testing, and background investigation, which includes employment, education and criminal histories.