Account Rep - Salt Lake City
Covidien - Utah, UT
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Are you Covidien-
As a global, $11+ billion healthcare products leader, we deliver outstanding results and innovative solutions for challenging problems. Through progressive thinking and cutting-edge technologies, Covidien is well positioned to lead the way in today's rapidly changing healthcare industry. Whatever your specialty or ambitions, you can make a difference at Covidien - both in the lives of others and your career.
At Covidien, we strive to fully understand our marketplace, customers, communities and employees, and we enter into relationships with a sense of honesty, fairness and trust.
We are an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
COVIDIEN, a world leader in disposable medical devices, has an immediate opening for an Account Representative for the Acute Care Division in the Salt Lake City, UT territory.
This highly visible position, reporting directly to the Region Manager, is responsible for meeting and exceeding sales goals by advancing high quality medical supplies utilizing a solution based concept sell to the hospital marketplace within the Salt Lake City, UT territory.
1. Present product features and benefits to clinical call points utilizing proper sales technique (probing, qualifying, needs assessment, supporting and closing)
2. Master all products and applications.
3. Meet and exceed assigned quota and sales objectives including assigned quota uplift.
4. Maintain and increase sales volume within assigned accounts and territory.
5. Travel within assigned territory to call on accounts including overnight travel. Maintain active, in-person presence at top accounts
6. Identify new business opportunities, generate leads, close new business and convert accounts from competitor products.
7. Professionally drive a sense of urgency in accounts to speed up purchasing decisions.
8. Effectively manage sales pipeline closing 'A' accounts, moving 'B' accounts to A's and 'C' accounts to 'B's. 9. Present proposals, negotiate pricing and effectively differentiate Covidien product offerings.
10. Build consultative relationships with clinicians, supply chain partners and end users. Maintain positive working relationships with Distribution and GPO partners.
11. Complete all administrative tasks including weekly call reports, expense reports, new business forms, GLOR, market feedback, etc.
12. In-service accounts by demonstrating product applications, functionality and use -often on night and weekend shifts.
13. Attend and participate in sales meetings, training programs, conventions, and trade shows as directed. Attend all regional, divisional and sector events including National Sales Meetings, Advanced Corporate Training (ACT), Region Meetings 14. Maintain required activity level - following established guidelines for number of calls / day, # products presented /account, and # contacts/account.
15. Assist customers with backorders and other related service issues.
16. Responsible for obtaining and keeping up to date records for vaccinations, TB tests, flu shots, and other medical credentials required by the hospitals in your territory.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC/NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Organize and maintain storage locker, samples and other sales material. 2. Utilize technology and data to analyze territory, effectively target accounts and pre-call planning.
3. Maintain knowledge of the current industry / competitive landscape including, GPO's, healthcare economics, reimbursement, competitors and competitive products etc.
4. Interact with Marketing, Customer Service, and other internal departments. 5. Resolve customer complaints in accordance with Company policy, and advises sales management promptly of any situation beyond the Sales Representative's
Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field.
- Minimum of two years of documented outside sales success in a competitive, sophisticated environment, preferably tangible products (i.e. office equipment, copiers, payroll systems, information systems)
- Medical Device industry experience preferred - Evidence of top sales achievement with experience in multilevel account management is required.
- Valid Driver's License
- Ability to travel domestically and within region often involving overnight stays and stays up to one week in duration.
PREFERRED SKILLS /QUALIFICATIONS:
- A demonstrated track record for meeting and exceeding sales objectives. - Previous history of quota attainment - Documented history of exceeding customer requirements
- Customer Focus - Drive for Results - Business Acumen - Listening - Planning - Presentation Skills - Priority Setting - Negotiating - Interpersonal Savvy - Problem Solving - Action Oriented - Integrity & Trust - Perseverance
Effective organizational and motivational skills necessary to perform related duties.