This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 1/5/2017
The David J. Joseph Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe David J. Joseph Company (DJJ), founded in 1885, is a world leader in scrap metal recycling & trading. With over 70 locations, the Joseph Company is headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nucor Corporation (NUE) a Fortune 200 Company. DJJ has a well-earned reputation for safety, integrity and innovation. We are recognized as a good community citizen who is trustworthy, financially strong and environmentally proactive.
Texas Port Recycling (a wholly-owned subsidiary of DJJ) has an exciting opportunity as an Account Representative for our Houston, TX location.
1. Locates, prices and purchases unprepared scrap for further processing (i.e., auto hulks for shredders, unprepared torch scrap for shears and torch cutters).
2. Develops relationships with suppliers in order to insure ongoing supply of quality scrap. This is accomplished through traveling and visiting supplier locations.
3. Plans buying programs to meet needs of company processing plants.
4. Collects data necessary to analyze supply and demand of scrap market.
5. Establishes and maintains relationships with suppliers to insure receipt of quality material, consistent tonnage, and credibility in the company.
6. Monitors scale house operations to determine allocations and tonnages of in-coming scrap.
1. Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience.
2. Work experience in sales or marketing.
3. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
4. Ability to work independently.
5. Willingness to travel and relocate to other regions of the United States.
p TPR is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If youd like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please a href='https://djj.box.com/v/EEOistheLaw4Applications' click here /a /p
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including a company car, performance-based bonus, medical, dental, 401k with company match, and more!