Account Resolution Representative
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAs a global leader in toxicology products and services, Alere Toxicology is committed to providing innovative solutions and exceptional support to organizations seeking to detect and deter the abuse of drugs and alcohol. We deliver unique testing systems to a wide variety of industries, including employers, government agencies, occupational health clinics, pain management practitioners, physician offices, rehabilitation centers, and resellers.
We are currently looking for an Account Resolution Representative to be based in our Clearwater, FL office and will be responsible for following up with insurance companies. Other essential functions include:
Performing various collection actions including, contact with insurance companies and patients by phone.
Reviewing zero pays to determine proper handling.
Correcting and resubmitting claims to various carriers if applicable.
Providing requested information to carriers to complete claim processing.
Answering questions from patients, clerical staff and insurance companies.
Identifying and resolving patient billing complaints.
Preparing and reviewing accounts for payments made to patients
Following protocol for notification to patients for payments made directly to them.
Following and reporting status of delinquent accounts.
Allowing time each day to work clearinghouse rejected dashboard.
Participating in educational activities and attends staff meetings.
Conducting self in accordance with Alere's employee manual.
Maintaining strictest confidentiality, adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
EDUCATION: Minimum: High School Diploma
* Knowledge of medical billing/collection practices.
* Knowledge of computer programs.
* Knowledge of business office procedures.
* Knowledge of basic medical coding and third-party operating procedures and practices.
* Ability to operate a computer and basic office equipment.
* Skill in answering a telephone in a pleasant and helpful manner.
* Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and the public.
* Must be well organized and detail-oriented.
ENVIRONMENTAL/WORKING CONDITIONS: Normal office environment. Occasional overtime may be required and/or hours may be shortened as business needs dictate.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires sitting and standing associated with a normal office environment. Manual dexterity needed for using a calculator and computer keyboard.