Account Services Representative
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 11/11/2016
VWR International, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONThis position is responsible for receiving, investigating and responding to customer inquiries. In addition, this position manages approximately 45-50 customer accounts via phone/e-mail to achieve the highest level of total account satisfaction. This will include the management/oversight of existing business, assisting in forecasts, customer support and responsiveness, and demand planning.
* Responsible for managing, supporting, and servicing customer account related activities (both strategic and tactical) of an assigned set of company accounts.
* Develops and maintains communications in a cooperative and professional manner with all levels of staff and customers.
* Primary contact with customers by phone/e-mail concerning orders, returns, shipments and products.
* Enters, makes changes to or cancels orders/backorders.
* Initiates orders for replacement parts and/or for correcting errors (shortages, wrong item shipped, etc.).
* Initiates file maintenance for corrections to customer files.
* Completes/routes appropriate internal documentation to initiate the fulfillment of customer order(s).
* Obtains customer feedback and provides to company regarding service failures or customer concerns; makes recommendations to improve sales/operations processes based upon customer feedback.
* May initiate shipment tracers with carriers.
* Develops relationships at various levels within assigned accounts to further develop products/services; actively works to follow through on new sales opportunities.
* Present company products and services offering to assigned accounts.
* Generates price quotes for new and existing products based on forecasted volumes and strategic nature of the product/customer.
* Maintains customer pricing file.
* Account forecasting and planning to optimize account supply continuity.
* Works with internal teams to support account requirements and satisfaction levels.
* Monitors purchase orders and tracks deliveries to ensure commitment dates are achieved.
* Ensures business is processed in the plant effectively to optimize account satisfaction.
* Provides timely responses to account requests for various business support information.
* Performs quarterly reviews of accounts to evaluate business performance. Develops actions plans based upon the quarterly trends.
* Identification of product portfolio expansion opportunities and termination of ineffective products based upon customer requirements and company financial policies.
* Prepares and submits periodic performance reports, as required.
* Product allocation as per production schedule and customer purchase orders.
* Assigns product re-grade and re-label as per customer purchase orders.
Experience & Skills:
* Demonstrated ability to work directly with customers and inside operations team to ensure account satisfaction
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, along with well developed presentation skills
* Strong customer orientation, including customer relations
* Must be self-motivated, willing to meet changing business requirements and priorities, and act quickly on ad-hoc projects
* Bachelor s degree in life science or related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
* 1-3 years applicable experience, preferably in a life science, biotech or related manufacturing industry
Environmental Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
* Typically works in an office environment with adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level.
* Work assignments are diversified. Examples of past precedent are used to resolve work problems. New alternatives may be developed to resolve problems.
* A frequent volume of work and deadlines impose strain on routine basis.
* Minimal physical effort is required. Work is mostly sedentary but does require walking, standing, bending, reaching, lifting or carrying objects that typically weigh less than 10 lbs.
VWR (NASDAQ: VWR), headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, is the leading, global, independent provider of product and service solutions to laboratory and production customers. With sales in excess of $4.3 billion in 2015, VWR enables science for customers in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, industrial, education, government and healthcare industries. With more than 160 years of experience, VWR has cultivated a value proposition delivering product choice, operational excellence and differentiated services to improve our customers' productivity from research to production. VWR's differentiated services provide innovative, flexible and customized solutions from scientific research services to custom-manufactured chemical blends. Our dedicated team of more than 9,300 associates is focused on supporting scientists, medical professionals and production engineers to achieve their goals.
VWR s differentiated services provide innovative, flexible and customized solutions from scientific research services to custom-manufactured chemical blends. Our dedicated team of more than 8,500 associates is focused on supporting scientists, medical professionals and production engineers to achieve their goals.
In addition to being a part of a global organization, VWR offers its associates competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits designed to help them stay healthy, plan for the future, prepare for the unexpected and balance the demands of work and home. VWR offers an outstanding benefits package that includes a 401(k) plan with a generous company matching contribution; medical, dental and life insurance; short- and long-term disability; EAP (employee assistance program); flexible spending account (FSA); holiday/vacation time; work/life balance programs; and education assistance.
At VWR, our associates are the framework of who we are and how we succeed.
We value their accomplishments and offer long-lasting opportunities for growth and success. As a result, a substantial percentage of our associates have 10-, 20- and 30-year histories with VWR. Their loyalty reflects our ongoing commitment to offering great compensation, an engaging culture, and real opportunities for growth and success. VWR is a great place to work and we look forward to adding more outstanding members to our team.
Resume Submissions To VWR From Third Party Recruitment Firms Will Not Be Considered
VWR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
VWR maintains a drug free workplace.
VWR is a US Federal contractor.
VWR and design are registered trademarks of VWR International, LLC. VWR International, LLC is aware of fraudulent e-mails referencing VWR job opportunities. Please note: VWR does not hire employees through e-mail solicitation and never requests any employee to cash money orders or send money to others. If you question the validity of a job, please visit jobs.vwr.com .
For more information on VWR please visit www.vwr.com .