Account Specialist Altuglas Sheet Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONReq Id 22124 - Posted 09/16/2016 - Supply Chain - Bristol, Pennsylvania, US
Division: Arkema, Inc. Altuglas Sheet Division
Job Title: Account Specialist
- Manage customer orders from placement to invoicing through multiple channels, including phone, fax, and E-mail to ensure 100% customer satisfaction.
- Work with Demand Management to satisfy customers required delivery dates.
- Manage customer expectations by clearly communicating our commitments (e.g. delivery dates or problem resolution), and keeping customers informed of status of orders, issues, etc.
- Negotiate optimal mode of transportation through interaction with Logistics.
- Resolve crisis situations during and after hours of operation while not jeopardizing customer relationships.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by routinely communicating order status details to customers.
- Document/coordinate customer complaint handling to identify root cause and effect the appropriate corrective/preventative action(s).
- Obtain customer specific requirements for developing and maintaining the master customer records. (messages, part numbers, customer specs., equipment needs)
- Review Accounts Receivable for accurate reconciliation.
- Handle credit/debit/return adjustments.
- Investigate and resolve residuals on a timely basis.
- Provide high quality service through efficient use of all SAP functionalities related to order fulfillment and relative to customer activity.
- Enact all ISO procedures to provide consistent high quality service to customers.
- Quote list prices and/or special competitive pricing and/or provide discounts to customers as agreed by marketing and sales.
- Respond to and/or refer product and technical questions to appropriate channel.
- Share information with marketing and sales on customers and market conditions.
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT
- Account Specialist position reports directly to Altuglas Sheet Division
- Daily functions are conducted in accordance with:
- Arkema Inc. Customer Service ISO 9000 Quality & Procedures Manual, Business Unit Work Instructions and associated documents, Business Unit Rules or Guidelines, Company policies and procedures, Federal, state and local legal, tax, health, safety and environmental guidelines/regulations (Includes Robinson Pactman Act, Hazmat, TOSCA, Nafta, Product Stewardship, DOT, IMCO, among others).
Decisions Referred or Governed
Pricing verification and correction, competitive quoting & discounts in accordance with the Supply Chain Policies and approval from the Inside Sales Manager
New Pricing/contract pricing to Inside Sales Manager
According to Supply Chain Policies
Available to promise/routine order management
During severe product shortages, order control is directed by the SBU
Crisis handling and problem resolution
When out of area of expertise, refer to ultimate decision maker
Need for new ISO work instructions, revisions, and reporting of ISO non-conformances
Changes to ISO Quality Manual & Procedures.
The Account Specialist ensures that we meet or exceed Arkema s commitments to our customers through the efficient management of the order through invoicing processes, the effective communication of information, and the prompt resolution of customer issues. By providing these services, the Account Specialist supports the business, and helps them to attain their goals and execute their marketplace strategy.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Degree in business, marketing, or technical discipline. Minimum 3-5 years of experience in customer service, logistics, inside sales or related functions, preferably with a manufacturing firm.
- High aptitude for marketing/sales strategies. Ability to understand and communicate a defined level of technical information.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Ability to work in a team environment. Above average organizational and planning skills.
- PC proficiency required.
- ISO, SAP and Internet experience highly desirable.
A global chemical company and France s leading chemicals producer, Arkema is building the future of the chemical industry every day. Deploying a responsible, innovation-based approach, we produce state-of-the-art specialty chemicals that provide customers with practical solutions to such challenges as climate change, access to drinking water, the future of energy, fossil fuel preservation and the need for lighter materials. With operations in close to 50 countries, some 19,000 employees and research centers in North America, France and Asia, Arkema generates pro forma annual revenue of some $8.1 billion, and holds leadership positions in all its markets with a portfolio of internationally recognized brands. Arkema Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Arkema Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
For more information about the EEOC, please refer to The \\"EEO IS The Law\\" poster at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.