Account Specialist, Client Development
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 10/23/2016
The NPD Group
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe NPD Group, ( http://www
Be the first of your friends to declare, I love where I work! and actually mean it. Have fun and work hard with some of the best and brightest in the market research industry. NPD is one of the leading market research providers in the world. We offer competitive market research and intelligence to our customers and many of the world's largest companies. In addition, NPD offers a career filled with innovation and opportunity to the forward-thinking problem solvers who join our family.
You're a passionate, dynamic, and highly motivated individual who's looking for an opportunity to have an impact on some of the most well-known companies in the world. You will help to drive solutions for our accounts to ensure continued growth and profitability. If you enjoy working with clients to influence their business solutions, this job is for you. This integral member of the NPD team will report directly to the Director, Client Development in the Retail Business Group. If you enjoy working with clients to influence their business solutions, this job is for you! Have an impact on the clients and industry you're passionate about!
The Account Specialist will be accountable for delivering insights and information and increasing use of data within a key, multi-industry retailer partner. The primary function is to support the ongoing strategic & tactical needs of the merchant and marketing teams at the retailer helping them make fact-based decisions using NPD data. The majority of this position's time will be focused on mining and analyzing data for insights leading to suggested action. This is a client-facing position which requires building and maintaining relationships across the organization.
This position will ideally be based in Seattle, WA. Open to other locations.
* Enhance NPD's bond with the retailer through relationship building and day-to-day servicing of the client
* Provide market performance reporting, data analysis, insights and customer support for the client
* Design, prepare and deliver concise, actionable presentations
* Manage and track projects from initial request through completion, providing updates on regular basis
* Respond to client requests, utilizing existing databases, new analyses, new services, and industry knowledge
* Work with client contacts, NPD's Account Managers and Sr. Director to integrate our data into the retailer's decision-making processes
* Assist in growing revenue with the client by recognizing and exploring opportunities at the client for additional services or projects
* Deliver proactive recommendations and analysis regarding their businesses
* Independently seek out resources within the client and NPD to help resolve client issues
* Assist in troubleshooting data quality issues using the client's internal systems to validate NPD data
* Provide training and support for as needed for NPD reporting and tools
* Assist in tracking and delivering measurable business results from the retailer's use of NPD data
* Build knowledge of various retail industries
* 2-5+ years of experience in client service, analyst role, retail inventory planning, merchant analyst, retail buyer, market research, POS or Consumer data or equivalent
* Proven success in data pulling, formatting, and analysis, to drive fact-based decision making for multiple businesses
* Strong organizational skills
* Strong ability to manage multiple projects and meet tight deadlines
* Solid presentation skills to groups of all sizes
* Able to interact proactively with multiple teams
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Expert in all MS Office products. (Strong Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
* Knowledge of NPD proprietary software or work with other database platforms desirable
* Travel (
The ideal candidate must be able to conduct engaging and impactful presentations that deliver value to the client while telling a compelling story in a concise and polished manner to a diverse audience. Most importantly, the candidate must demonstrate the ability to listen to the customer and appropriately match the customer's needs with NPD's products and services, or be willing to direct the customer to the best solution.
The ideal candidate must be comfortable and effective when talking with a broad range of decision influencers and decision makers within an organization. The candidate will be able to effectively understand and build relationships throughout the prospective customer's organization.
The ideal candidate will be competent in managing their time and activities and must embrace our proven opportunity and customer management processes and systems. Candidates must possess a can-do perspective in their professional attitude. They will be detail oriented and demonstrate a strong work ethic. They will be sticklers for accuracy in their own work as well as their colleagues. They will be ready to back up their assertions with facts.
The NPD Group, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The NPD Group provides market information and analytic solutions that drive better decision-making and better results. The world's leading brands rely on us to help them get the right products in the right places for the right people. Practice areas include apparel, appliances, automotive, beauty, consumer electronics, diamonds, e-commerce, entertainment, fashion accessories, food consumption, foodservice, footwear, home, mobile, office supplies, retail, sports, technology, toys, video games, and watches / jewelry. For more information, visit npd.com and npdgroupblog.com. Follow us on Twitter: @npdgroup.