Account Specialist MMA Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Req Id 22123 - Posted 09/16/2016 - Supply Chain - Bristol, Pennsylvania, US
Division: Arkema Inc. MMA
Job title: Account Specialist
1. Order Fulfillment and Coordination
- Manage domestic and import customer orders from placement to invoicing through multiple channels, including phone, Fax,EDI,VMI, E-Mail, and websites. Ensure customer satisfaction by routinely communicating order status details to customers (internal and external) using status reports. Manage customer expectations by clearly communicating our commitments (e.g. delivery dates or problem resolution), and keeping customers informed of status of orders, issues, etc.
- Communicate effectively and knowledgeably with various departments, suppliers and customers, and government authorities, resolving crisis situations while not jeopardizing customer relationships.
- Work with Demand Management to satisfy customers required delivery dates through coordinating the efforts of marketing, manufacturing, logistics and freight forwarders (air/ocean), steamship lines, foreign suppliers and foreign in-bond warehouse.
- Report claims where loss, damage or contamination have occurred; Ensures that Arkema meets and exceeds customer commitments through efficient management of the order through invoice processes, timely communication of information, and prompt resolution of customer issues.
- Successful incumbent supports the business by helping to attain business goals and ensure effective execution of marketplace strategy, including identifying any possible savings and communicating any international events that could affect the SBU.
- Document/coordinate customer complaint handling to identify root cause and effect the appropriate corrective/preventative action(s).
- Represent the Corporation in communications with international customers/suppliers, affiliates and/or agents to address issues such as pricing, commissions, banking, freight forwarding, inco-terms and transportation.
- Enact all ISO procedures to provide consistent high quality service to customers.
- Responsible for scheduling and managing individual training as outlined in ISO requirements for International Account Specialist.
- Processing and Approval of all vendor invoices (freight, broker, demurrage, etc) in a timely fashion either within shipment cost document in SAP or by manual Account Payable Voucher as needed.
- Maintain valid information in SAP ( purchase orders, customer master, text, customer requirements)
- Provide high quality service through efficient use of all SAP functionalities related to order fulfillment and relative to customer activity
- Investigate and resolve residuals on a timely basis including any credits/debits/return adjustments.
- Quotes lists prices and/or special competitive pricing and/or provides discounts to customers as agreed by marketing and sales.
2. Import / Export Process Coordination
- Convert SAP purchase requisitions to purchase orders, place with appropriate foreign vendor, and confirm order receipt in a timely manner.
- Using the ZMIPO report in SAP, update inbound shipment information with booking information (vessel name, container number, ETA US port) based on information received from the freight forwarder. Ensure that inbound shipment information is regularly updated in the system to provide an up-to-date shipment status.
- Ensure that goods receipt of PO is done in a timely manner (max. 3 days after confirmation of release of container to in-land location) and contact warehouses/customer service as needed.
- Instruct foreign suppliers on U.S. regulations for import into the U.S. (DOT and Customs)
- Work closely with Arkema international freight forwarder to ensure the export and import are booked, picked up/shipped, and delivered on time, including compiling and distributing official documents necessary to transport and clear materials through U.S. Customs and border crossings.
- Update outbound and inbound delivery with accurate shipment weights and shipment information with booking information (vessel name, container number, ETA US port) based on data received from freight forwarder or supplier.
- Back up to Domestic / Polyolefins Customer Account Specialist and International Account Specialist for those tasks associated with collecting/receiving customer orders, entering applicable sales orders into SAP, making adjustments to existing orders as warranted, and providing general status updates to customers on existing orders including delivery timing
- Support Resins supply chain team in various projects as required.
A position in the Resins Customer Service Dept. under Supply Chain Group reporting to the Supply Chain Manager. This position will primarily reside at the Altuglas International Bristol Business Center. Occasional travel may be required.
Decisions Referred or Governed
Pricing Verification, pricing alterations
New pricing/contract pricing to Marketing or Sales (Pricing Standard)
Unusual return requests that are out of the standard refer to plant
Credit department to handle severe credit cases and new customer setup
Available-to-promise/routine order management
During severe product shortages order control to be directed by Marketing
Adjustments up to $25,000
Adjustments above $ limit to be referred to SC Manager for approval
Customer specific ship point sourcing within standards
Sourcing out of standards to be referred to Marketing
Crisis handling to problem resolution
When out of area of expertise, refer to ultimate decision maker
Commission payment up to $25,000
Back order and scheduling to Domestic SC Manager
Approve freight charges up to $25,000
Adjustments above $ limit to be referred to SC Manager for approval
The Account Specialist ensures that we meet or exceed Arkema s commitments to our customers through the efficient management of the order through invoicing processes, the effective communication of information, and the prompt resolution of customer issues. By providing these services, the Account Specialist supports the business, and helps them to attain their goals and execute their marketplace strategy.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Degree in business, marketing, or technical discipline. Minimum 3-5 years of experience in customer service, logistics, inside sales or related functions, preferably with a manufacturing firm.
- High aptitude for marketing/sales strategies. Ability to understand and communicate a defined level of technical information.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Ability to work in a team environment. Above average organizational and planning skills.
- PC proficiency required.
- ISO, SAP and Internet experience highly desirable.
A global chemical company and France s leading chemicals producer, Arkema is building the future of the chemical industry
every day. Deploying a responsible, innovation-based approach, we produce state-of-the-art specialty chemicals that
provide customers with practical solutions to such challenges as climate change, access to drinking water, the future of
energy, fossil fuel preservation and the need for lighter materials. With operations in close to 50 countries, some 19,000
employees and research centers in North America, France and Asia, Arkema generates pro forma annual revenue of some
$8.1 billion, and holds leadership positions in all its markets with a portfolio of internationally recognized brands.,
Arkema Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.