Account Specialist, Retail Business Group - Sports Industry
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/23/2016
The NPD Group
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position at North America
You're a passionate, dynamic, and highly motivated individual who's looking for an opportunity to have an impact on some of the most well-known companies in the world. This integral member of the Retail Business Group team will report directly to the Director, Client Development. If you enjoy working with clients to influence their business solutions, this job is for you.
The Account Specialist will be accountable for delivering insights and information and increasing use of data within a group of Sports retailers. The primary function is to support the ongoing strategic & tactical needs of the merchant, planning, marketing and consumer insight teams at the retailer helping them make fact-based decisions using NPD data. The majority of this position's time will be focused on mining and analyzing data for insights leading to suggested action. This is a client-facing position which requires building and maintaining relationships across the organization.
This position will be based in Port Washington, NY.
* Build strategic relationships with client contacts to develop business insights aligned the clients' most important issues/needs. .
* Provide market performance reporting, data analysis, insights and customer support for the client.
* Design, prepare and deliver concise, actionable presentations.
* Manage and track projects from initial request through completion, providing updates on regular basis.
* Respond to client requests, utilizing existing databases, new analyses, new services, and industry knowledge.
* Work with client contacts, NPD's Account Managers and Director to integrate our data into retailers' decision-making processes.
* Assist in growing revenue with the client by recognizing and exploring opportunities at the client for additional services or projects.
* Deliver proactive recommendations and analysis regarding their businesses.
* Independently seek out resources within the client and NPD to help resolve client issues.
* Assist in troubleshooting data quality issues using the client's internal systems to validate NPD data.
* Provide training and support for NPD reporting and tools.
* Assist in tracking and delivering measurable business results from the retailer's use of NPD data.
* Build knowledge of various retail industries to include Sports, Athletic Apparel and Footwear.
* Effectively understand and build relationships throughout the customer's organization.
* 2-4+ years of experience in client service, analyst role, retail buying or retail planning, retail analyst, or market research or equivalent. Retail math and POS/Consumer data experience.
* Proven success in data pulling, formatting, and analysis, to drive fact-based decision making for multiple businesses
* Experience in Excel and PowerPoint.
* Strong ability to manage multiple projects and meet tight deadlines.
* Able to interact proactively with multiple teams.
* Ability to organize tasks; set priorities and develop plans in a fast-paced, multitasking environment.
* All-star verbal and written communication skills. Solid presentation skills to groups of all sizes.
* Quantitative assessment skill set and ability to creatively develop data insights.
* Demonstrates creativity, adaptability and flexibility. Tolerant of unstructured work, calmness about ambiguity/change; ability to develop a plan enforce process and structure.
* BA/BS degree or equivalent.
* Willingness to Travel (
* Passion for the Sports Industry a plus
Communication The ideal candidate must be able to conduct engaging and impactful presentations that deliver value to the client while telling a compelling story in a concise and polished manner to a diverse audience. Most importantly, the candidate must demonstrate the ability to listen to the customer and appropriately match the customer's needs with NPD's products and services, or be willing to direct the customer to the best solution.
Relationships The ideal candidate must be comfortable and effective when talking with a broad range of decision influencers and decision makers within an organization. The candidate will be able to effectively understand and build relationships throughout the prospective customer's organization.
Discipline The ideal candidate will be competent in managing their time and activities and must embrace our proven opportunity and customer management processes and systems. Candidates must possess a can-do perspective in their professional attitude. They will be detail oriented and demonstrate a strong work ethic. They will be sticklers for accuracy in their own work as well as their colleagues. They will be ready to back up their assertions with facts.
The NPD Group, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The NPD Group provides market information and analytic solutions that drive better decision-making and better results. The world's leading brands rely on us to help them get the right products in the right places for the right people. Practice areas include apparel, appliances, automotive, beauty, consumer electronics, diamonds, e-commerce, entertainment, fashion accessories, food consumption, foodservice, footwear, home, mobile, office supplies, retail, sports, technology, toys, video games, and watches / jewelry. For more information, visit npd.com and npdgroupblog.com. Follow us on Twitter: @npdgroup.