This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description:
Prostaff is currently searching for qualified candidates for an Accounts Receivable position in the East side of Houston.
The schedule for this position is Monday - Friday 8am -5pm.
Must meet the requirements below
The Accountant - AR is responsible for customer invoicing, managing the AR Ledger, and collecting credit/cash from customers. Ensuring at all times KPI s are met and quality, accuracy and integrity of the management and statutory reports are maintained
The Accountant - AR is responsible and accountable for (but not limited to) the following:
* Establish work standards, develop objectives and design/maintain effective workflows and operating procedures
* Analyze and recommend changes to AR processes, through considering day to day operations as well as system issues, in order to improve efficiencies in line with department's strategies
* Responsible for the entire invoicing process, and payments through checking all invoices for discrepancies and continuously following up on payment collection
* Ownership of the monthly AR closing process including reconciliations of the AR sub-ledger to the General Ledger Support the monthly reconciliation of all AR related accounts (such as unapplied cash, un-claimed credits, clearing, accrual, bad debt, withholding and sales tax) including reconciliations of the AR to the General Ledger
* Support the UAE invoicing process
* Supervise the Collections group regarding cash receipts issues and discrepancies for the MEA (Middle East and Africa) region
* Identify significant metrics and indicators to monitor performance of the Accounts Receivable function and processes in alignment with business strategy
JOB DESCRIPTION: ACCOUNTANT - AR (ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE)
* To ensure that all activities are carried out in accordance with the company s Quality, Health, Safety & Environment (QHSE), Ethics & Compliance and Food Safety (if applicable) policies
* Perform any other duties as requested by the Finance Manager
* Education, Experience, Training and Special Skills
* Educated to a minimum standard equivalent to Bachelor Degree level in a Finance and Accounting related field
* 5 years of experience in a Accounts Receivables position
* Experience in a similar industry is preferrable
* Ability to speak, read and write English
* Strong attention to detail
* Experienced MS Office applications user i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
* Experience working on ERP Systems is essential
* Customer Focus
* Achieving Results
* Passion and Commitment
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Atterro supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. Atterro will provide equal employment in employment practices to all associates and applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, Atterro is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. Atterro complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. Atterro will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.