This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Accountant provides expertise in performing a variety of complex accounting activities for the financial statements including the balance sheet, statement of retained earnings, income statement and statement of cash flows. Ensures the integrity of the accounting records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with accepted accounting policies and principles.
Job Core Responsibilities
* Prepare month end journal entries for multiple companies during the month end closing process.
* Ability to analyze and perform account reconciliation on a timely basis for multiple accounts.
* Maintain working relationship with areas outside of Accounting in order to provide accurate records and general journal entries related to the Company's activities.
* Provide data and analysis for the Company's annual budget and quarterly forecasting procedures on a timely basis.
* Assist with multi-corporation consolidations related to subsidiaries in different locations and countries.
* Support Engineering program accounting.
Education: Bachelors degree in Acounting from an accredited college or university
Years Experience: 2-5 years of relevant experience
* Experience with an ERP computer system (preferably SAP).
* Must be highly skilled in the use of Excel Spreadsheets and MS Word.
* Must be highly analytical in dealing with financial and numerical data.
* Must be self-motivated with good written and verbal communication skills.
* Audit experience is helpful - but not required.
* Ability to speak Spanish is helpful - but no required.
* Willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done, especially when important deadlines need to be met.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.