Accountant - Capital 8/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB TITLE: CORPORATE CAPITAL ACCOUNTANT
POSITION REPORTS TO: CORPORATE CAPITAL CONTROLLER
DIRECT REPORTS: NO
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Atrium Hospitality is a leading hotel and asset management company headquartered at Deerfield Point in Alpharetta, GA, overseeing a portfolio of hotels licensed primarily through the Marriott, Hilton, Starwood and Intercontinental brand families. In addition, Atrium Hospitality provides asset management and accounting services to a number of other hotel debt and equity investments held by our ownership groups. With a best in class executive team, we work to maximize the financial performance and value of every property and investment. We have majority ownership of more than 50 properties in 26 states with approximately 14,000 rooms.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record performing the accounting responsibilities associated with capital planning. These include expenditure tracking, historical expenditure analysis, ROI analysis, communication, and vendor management. Implementation of highly visible, sensitive and multi-faceted projects. Identifies and resolves accounting related issues to all projects.
* Assist the Capital Controller in providing financial oversight and analysis of the Company's capital investment strategies to include:
* Track capital requests and expenditures against budget.
* Track contingency used for capital improvements against individual property budgets.
* Track capital projects schedule against brand, lender and owner requirements.
* Provide reporting for cash spent to date, forecast spends and end of quarter closeouts.
* Maintains detailed accounting records for capital department.
* Assist in the budget and financial forecast processes which support management to meet company reporting requirements.
* Manage the cash flow process to support company objectives.
* Follow through with vendors and property contacts in regards to project payments, lien waivers and close-outs.
* Monitor and analyze cost performance of projects and provide early warning of potential cost overruns to management.
* Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of the department and services performed.
* Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Capital Expenditures, Accounting Functions, Microsoft Excel, Office Experience - General, Reporting Skills, Verbal Communication, Administrative Writing Skills
* 2-5 years of related experience
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related discipline preferred- or commensurate experience in a similar field
Must be an expert user of Microsoft Excel, managing and manipulating downloads from various software programs to input into excel reports
* Strong interpersonal and communications skills, both verbal and written.
* Construction/Capital Project accounting experience desired.
* Ability to;
* demonstrate initiative and assertiveness,
* plan and manage work in an efficient manner,
* work well under stress and time pressures,
* Hospitality industry experience a plus