This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Dairy Farmers of America
JOB DESCRIPTIONThis position supports and analyzes the accounting function of the location. This includes accounting for all P &L's including manufacturing, distribution, sales and other operating expenses as well as the valuation and reconciliation of inventory.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Ensure all financial and operational transactions for the location are accurately captured.
* Prepares monthly journal entries.
* Completes month end close processes to account for inventory and manufacturing reporting.
* Performs monthly reconciliations for designated accounts, monitoring financials for discrepancies and trends.
* Utilizing professional accounting and technical knowledge, accurately prepares financial statements (e.g. balance sheet, income statement, supplementary management schedules) for the location.
* Researches and resolves problems pertaining to accounting systems and records, ensuring compliance with Company policies and procedures.
* Provides clarity in a professional manner when questioned about financial data.
* Understands and responds to the urgency of providing timely and complete information to ad hoc requests.
* Using a thorough understanding of GAAP principles and DFA Accounting Policies, interprets accounting transactions and implements best practices.