This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 12/23/2016
The Financial Accountant is responsible for accurate and timely preparation and review of Corporate Entity Financial statements as assigned. This position will provide support to CHRISTUS facilities, functional corporate groups, senior leadership, and other affiliates through data analysis and reporting. The primary functions will involve monthly/quarterly close processes, year-end audit preparation, budget preparation, staffing models, and other assigned projects. The role will require synthesizing data from multiple sources into clear, meaningful analysis. Additional responsibilities include assisting in identifying, quantifying and prioritizing opportunities to manage costs at the system and department level.
- Supports and manages existing capabilities related to the standardization and consolidation of daily/weekly/monthly reporting
- Assist in the standardization of goal setting and productivity and performance monitoring
- Collects, synthesizes and communicates relevant information through the system to support strategies
- Facilitates development and implementation plans to enable the effective benchmarking and comparative reporting of key metrics
- Performs financial opportunity assessments for hospitals to identify opportunities to improve performance
- Supports strategic plan to focus efforts and resources on high priority areas to improve financial performance throughout the system
- Assists in development of plans to implement strategies and measure the results of the implemented strategies
- Serves business units through analysis of how the value of initiatives and services can be optimized across the system
- Assists in creating and monitoring models that link strategies to measures of performance (financial and non-financial) that ensure successful implementation
- Provides analysis capabilities, information and tools to operations to enhance skills in detecting both current and future performance issues
- Cultivates internal relationships at the corporate and facility level to gain support and participation in initiatives.
- Cultivates external relationships to gain new knowledge and competencies
- Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions
- Utilizes strong computing ability to balance multiple tasks
- Functions as a contributing and effective member of the team
- Analyzes and prepare special projects as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Healthcare experience preferred
B. Education and Training:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting (required)
- Advanced Degree such as MBA (preferred)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products with advanced experience with Microsoft Excel and Access
- Ability to analyze complex accounting and financial issues
- Excellent communication skills; ability to interact with numerous facilities and facility departments.
- Strong project management and problem solving skills.
- Extensive knowledge of GAAP and other applicable regulatory rules, regulations and legislation as related to accounting functions
- Ability to work independently, achieve tight deadlines and take initiative on multiple projects.
D. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications: