This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Graphic Packaging International, Inc. (NYSE: GPK), headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, is a leading provider of packaging solutions for a wide variety of products to food, beverage and other consumer products companies. The Company is one of the largest producers of folding cartons and holds a leading market position in coated-unbleached kraft and coated-recycled board. The Company's customers include some of the most widely recognized companies in the world.
Our vision -- to provide packaging solutions that improve the world in which we live -- can be achieved by delivering value to our customers, building a high performance culture for our employees, creating superior returns for our shareholders, and being an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities in which we operate.
Graphic Packaging has approximately 13,500 employees working in more than 50 locations in North and South America, Europe and Asia. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefit programs that are among the best in the industry to reward the talented people who make our company successful. We invite you to review the following employment opportunity and to learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
MISSION: This position is responsible for performing accounting functions requiring thorough knowledge of general accounting methods, principles and practices, a broad understanding of a corporate organization as well as intermediate subject matter expertise with respect to SAP accounting transactions and navigation methodologies.
Develops and maintains relationships with various internal and external groups to resolve issues and ensure that the company's financial statements are properly stated. Develops and implements solutions to daily accounting issues, prepares accurate and timely financial reports and recommends process improvements.
* Perform daily accounting and monthly closing functions for assigned activities, i.e. GRIR, other receivables/accruals, intercompany, etc.
* Perform routine analysis of assigned accounts in SAP, examine variations denoting system or user errors and correct identified errors.
* Cross train on responsibilities of others to provide additional coverage as needed. Duties may be rotated on a periodic basis.
* Provide timely and accurate reconciliations for assigned balance sheet accounts.
* Prepare supporting schedules and analysis for monthly, quarterly and annual reporting.
* Ensure the continuous review and implementation of effective internal controls and accounting systems and processes.
* Ensure user satisfaction (service level agreement (SLA) adherence) with processing efficiencies while maintaining proper internal controls.
* Act as a process owner for appropriate SOX processes and ensure compliance with the process.
* Collaboratively develop, collect and report data quality metrics / Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
* Maintain and update desktop procedures, ensuring compliance with Company policy.
* Proficient at challenging the norm and questioning when data appears unusual.
* Demonstrate a commitment to quality performance by adopting a customer-based philosophy in level of service provided.
* Perform other related duties as required.
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required
* CPA candidate or CPA preferred
* 0-4 years of general accounting experience (Accounts Payable and Purchasing a plus)
* SAP experience preferred
* Manufacturing industry experience preferred
* Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley 404 and internal controls
* Advanced proficiency in MS Office Suite (especially MS Excel)
* Strong analytical and organizational skills, detail orientation, and interpersonal skills
* Superior verbal and written communication skills
* Work involves confidential and sensitive information. Discretion is essential.
* Ability to collaborate and communicate with all levels of employees and management. Experience in coordinating with multiple departments to achieve business objectives
* Must be resourceful, organized and able to work independently & as part of a team
* High level of integrity and values to ensure accurate reporting of financial data
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster.