This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONThis senior accounting position provides the business with informative, relevant and timely financial information on monthly performance, forward looking budgets and forecasts for a multi-site heavy manufacturing facility, as well as supporting the business in driving operational initiatives. Liaise with the management team and provide support to Managements decision making processes by providing and owning the analysis and reporting of key business drivers and financials. Performs the following duties.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
* Provides finance and business support to site management team and individual assistance during management during monthly and annual reviews.
* Maintains general and subsidiary ledgers, depreciation, cost, property, and operating expenses.
* Supports and assists the Controller in the development and implementation of goals, policies, priorities, and procedures relating to financial management, budget, accounting, and/or payroll.
* Provides extensive participation in monthly closing activities.
* Directs internal audits involving review of accounting and administrative controls.
* Prepares internal audit materials and internal financial reporting.
* Updates and maintains the fixed asset management system on a monthly basis.
* Conducts monthly account reconciliations and government reporting.
* Coordinates and prepares budget submission and monthly forecasts with input from local management and functional business groups.
* Takes part in the preparation of various financial statements and reports on a daily and monthly basis.
* Prepares and files Annual IRP Reports, Quarterly IFTA Returns, Bi-Annual MCS-150 and Annual Form 2290 (Heavy Road Use Tax) for DOT Compliance.
* Conducts cost analyses and rate studies.
* Sets up costing for new parts on a daily basis.
* Maintains cost extras files for each part for both scrap and packaging expense.
* Engages in a significant role in the annual Sarbanes Oxley control assessments.
* Instrumental in the installation and maintenance of new accounting, timekeeping, payroll, inventory, property, and other related procedures and controls.
* Backs up controller in all areas of financial controllership.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
* Bachelor's degree (B. S.) in Accounting from an accredited College or University required.
* At least five years accounting experience and/or related training in addition to the Bachelors degree required.
* Extensive knowledge of accounting principles and practices and the analysis and reporting of financial data required.
* Excellent interpersonal skills essential, ability to successfully deal with change, learn new skills, techniques and processes, and a positive attitude required.
* Experience in Microsoft Office Word and Excel required.
* Experience with high end manufacturing systems (such as PeopleSoft, J D Edwards, SAP, etc.) and automated time keeping systems preferred.
* Experience working within a manufacturing environment and using standard costing methodology preferred.