This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
Boca Raton, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUMMARY: This position is responsible for supporting the accounting operations in support of Tycos North America Products Business units. This includes responsibility for, but not limited to, day-to-day general accounting, judgments with regard to the application of accounting principles and policies, financial reporting, external/internal audit coordination and participating and/or leading process improvement initiatives.
This position will be a key contributor refining various Accounting Center of Excellence processes, with a focus on leveraging best practices across North America and driving efficiencies to improve the monthly closing process, the monthly account reconciliation process and the work streams supporting these activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Responsible for monthly close process of several accounts on various ledgers.
* Prepare monthly journal entries and supporting schedules.
* Eliminate monthly close inefficiencies to reduce process time.
* Timely and accurate reconciliation of general ledger accounts within Tyco guidelines.
* Assist in developing and maintaining relevant financial analytical reports to aid in the review of the monthly close and preparation of explanatory commentary for quarterly reporting packages.
* Communicate with business operations field and management teams and other accounting teams to ensure a timely close with accurate results.
* Comply with SOX internal controls and best practices and maintain supporting documentation.
* Support any ad hoc activities, special projects, and reporting requirements.
* Establish relationship with customers with emphasis on creating environment where Center of Excellence is looked to as a resource for accounting guidance and a business partner.
This candidate must demonstrate ability in the following areas:
* Customer Focus Build strong connection to customers with open communication and responsiveness.
* Change Leadership & Agility Ability and readiness to embrace and drive process improvements/efficiencies.
* Inspire and Influence Develop strong peer relationships and foster engagement/commitment in others.
* Collaborate Across Boundaries Effective team player capable of collaborating across a dynamic, complex organizational structure.
* Develop Talent Champion/pursue continuous improvement of leadership and functional/technical skills.
* Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or other business related field
* CPA Certification Preferred
* 5 years experience in accounting.
* The candidate must demonstrate ability to identify and implement process improvements, be a self-starter, and effectively interact and communicate across multiple organizations/functions.
* The candidate should be comfortable dealing with complex accounting matters and demonstrate competency in US GAAP, current accounting regulations and internal controls.
* The candidate must have strong communication (oral and written) and relationship building skills.
* Experience with ERP ledger systems (Oracle, Baan, SAP, JDE) is preferred.
* Experience with Essbase and HFM is preferred.
* Experience with Blackline software is preferred.