This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 11/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
This Position is responsible for recording and reconciling accounting transactions for CHRISTUS Health
- Responsible for general ledger stewardship and month-end close
- Reconciles balance sheet accounts
- Researches, investigates and reports issues and corrections related to general ledger transactions
- Responsible for preparation of all required interim and final audit workpapers and tax schedules
- Reviews income statement, balance sheet and other reports as needed for variance analysis, support or explanations.
- Provides ad-hoc analysis
- Builds relationship with the region: works with region on any questions / variances, responds in a timely manner and communicates regularly
- Collaborates with the corporate accounting team on projects and other deliverables
- Bachelors degree in Accounting/Business Administration or five years equivalent training and experience in accounting functions.
- Above average computer literacy, e.g. EXCEL, WORD
- Knowledge of GAAP and other applicable regulatory rules, regulations and requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills with demonstrated teamwork skills, vendor management skills
- 5+ years of accounting experience.
- Experience required in a deadline-oriented, multi-task environment
- Experience with Meditech general ledger systems preferred, but not required
- Proven ability to interact with all levels of management and other Associates
Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications
- CPA preferred, but not required