This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
* This Position is responsible for recording and reconciling accounting transactions for CHRISTUS Health.
* Responsible for general ledger (GL) stewardship and month-end close
* Reconciles balance sheet accounts
* Researches, investigates & reports issues and corrections related to GL transactions
* Responsible for preparation of all required interim and final audit workpapers and tax schedules. Including issuance of stand-alone financials with joint-venture audits.
* Reviews income statement, balance sheet and other reports as needed for variance analysis, support or explanations.
* Provides ad-hoc analysis and support to regional and senior management
* Builds relationship with the region: works with region on any questions/variances, responds in a timely manner and communicates regularly
* Collaborates with the corporate accounting team on projects and other deliverables
* Provides support for outside owner issues related to distributions, earnings, equity balances, etc.
* Support financial areas, including revenue, contractuals, escheat, sales tax, franchise tax and other specialized topics.
* Other support during month-end close and other critical periods as required with
concentration on accounting for Christus' joint ventures with third parties
- Bachelors degree in Accounting/Business Administration or five years equivalent training and experience in computerized payroll functions.
- Above average computer literacy, e.g. EXCEL, WORD
- Knowledge of GAAP and other applicable regulatory rules, regulations and requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills with demonstrated teamwork and vendor management skills
- 5+ years of payroll and accounting experience.
- Experience required in a deadline-oriented, multi-task environment
- Experience with Meditech general ledger systems preferred but not required
- Proven ability to interact with all levels of management and other Associates
C. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications
- CPA or candidate preferred but not required