This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONRandstad Professionals continuously recruits for Accountants at various knowledge levels for our fast paced, growing and dynamic Companies in the Houston-area.
* Perform monthly bank reconciliations for all cash accounts
* Perform monthly reconciliations for various balance sheet accounts, including but not limited to pre-paids, other assets, and liabilities
* Perform a daily cash reconciliation to assist Management in cashflow projections
* Review monthly income statement(s), investigate and explain variances in account balances
* Maintain listing of operating leases and ensure proper Accounting on a monthly basis
* Perform accrual analysis and propose entries on a monthly basis for various accounts including insurance, credit cards, and purchasing cards
* Support the completion of the annual audit with external auditors for distribution to owners, investors and lenders by due date through the preparation of timely and accurate audit schedules and analysis
* Must become familiar with the general business, service lines and operations of the Company in order to assist Senior Management with analysis of financial performance and transaction Accounting
* Establish working relationships with Operations and Sales managers to facilitate the review and accuracy of Accounting transactions
* Prepare tax accounting journal entries and assist in filings for sales and use tax
* Assist and support Tax Auditors with information gathering for tax compliance/returns
* Bachelor's degreerequired in Finance or Accounting with at least 2-4years' of experience in an Accounting / Finance related role
* CPA or CPA in progress preferred
* Advanced Excel skills preferred
* Must possess a strong knowledge of financial principles and accounting/budgeting practice
* Must be able to demonstrate effective communication skills to articulate opinions, analysis and conclusions as well as possess a strong commitment to customer service excellence
* Familiarity with SAP, Oracle, Hyperion, Micro Strategy and/or other related financial systems a plus
* Should have strong analytical skills and an ability to perform complex calculations while understanding the accounting implications of a large volume of transactions.
* Strong organizational skills required to manage multiple, concurrent tasks
* Must be able to quickly learn new systems and work under pressure to adhere to strict deadlines