This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Accountant's responsibilities include developing, implementing and/or maintaining one or a combination of general accounting systems.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
* Prepares journal entries, maintains and reconciles ledger accounts.
* Provides record of assets, liabilities and other financial transactions.
* Balances books and prepares profit and loss, income and balance sheet statements and other month end nosiness report.
* Maintains receipts and disbursements reports.
* Works with all areas of the business on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
* Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criterion for obtaining results.
* Assigning work and resolving problems may provide work leadership.
* May prepare federal, state and local reports and tax returns.
* May collect data, allocate costs and prepare reports on labor equipment, depreciation, assembly or other operating expenses, ensuring established procedures are followed. Prepares financial statements and variance reports as required.
* May interpret reports and records for managers.
* Master understanding of the business system (IFS) so the company can utilize to its full capabilities across all disciplines.
* Review business processes and identify possible improvements with the goal of implementation.
* Other duties may be assigned as required.
Education and Experience
* Requires a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
* Minimum 2 years of accounting experience executing the above listed responsibilities preferred.
Skills and Abilities
* Strong technical accounting skills.
* Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
* Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify and resolve issues accurately in a timely manner.
* Ability to present information and respond to questions from others in the organization.
* Ability to meet deadlines consistently in a changing business environment.
* Microsoft word and excel required, knowledge of IFS, SAP and BPC preferred.
Working Environment and Physical Demands
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status or any other reason prohibited by law.