This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY AccountantJob ID:
Accountant REQ ID:
Melbourne, Florida Job Duties:* Process journal entries. Monitor, track and process transactions.
* Responsible for account analysis, financial reporting, variance analysis, monitoring integrity of system generated calculations, and interfacing with division customers to provide business solutions that comply with accounting guidelines and meet business objectives.
* Maintain general accounting systems to provide records of assets, liabilities, and financial transactions.
* Work with varying levels of personnel and management, both inside and outside the accounting department; work with program management in clarifying pertinent facts and circumstances and testing such against applicable accounting guidance to ensure appropriate analysis of issues and concluding accounting treatments.* Support monitoring and validation efforts for internal controls.
* Should possess a strong knowledge of overall financial and internal controls and be able to support a SOX compliant environment.
* Provide hands on support for varying projects. Qualifications:* BS/BA degree in Business, Accounting or Finance with a 2-4 years total related work experience.* Must be a team player who is detail-oriented, flexible and willing to work in a dynamic environment.
* Good organization, communication, analytical, problem-solving, leadership and customer service skills are required.
* Ability to prioritize work and handle multiple projects.
* MS Office, Outlook, Word, Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills Preferred Additional Skills:* PeopleSoft experience a plus
* PeopleSoft Query or other data mining applications.
* NVision, Smartview and other report writing tools.Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.Job Profile Matching Criteria:Expertise --Accounting Education Bachelors (or equivalent work experience) Job Type Full Time Location USA - FL - Melbourne .