This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAs an Accountant, you will be a part of our team of Accountants in the Finance Department. On a daily basis, you'll work with financial system operations to document and monitor financial transactions ensuring appropriate accounting treatment. The nature of work requires additional hours at the end of reporting cycles, quarterly and annually. In addition, you can expect to:
Initiate advanced accounting activities, research and analysis relating to financial statements and financial system operations
Responsible for reconciliation, analyzing and reporting of general ledger accounts, financial statements and supporting documentation according to laws and regulations
Prepare supporting schedules for filings with states, rating agencies, the SEC, or other agencies
Keep current on trends and impacts on MGIC financials through research into regulations, pronouncements and business events.
Collaborate with internal and external auditors to provide necessary information and analytics to support GAAP and Statutory audits.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
Competitive Salary & Benefits
401(k) with a company match
On-site Fitness Center and Classes (corporate office)
Paid-time off and paid company holidays
Paid Parental Leave
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting
* 3+ years of recent experience in the accounting field and prior experience in public accounting at an advanced level. Experience in insurance or the financial services industry and a CPA designation preferred.
* Knowledge of GAAP accounting principles, financial systems operations and financial statement analysis
* Ability to handle multiple priorities and work in a team environment
* Strong drive for results and problem solving skills
* Knowledge of statutory accounting principles and state insurance and SEC regulations preferred
* Demonstrated knowledge using Excel is critical
* Experience working with data and analytic tools such as Tableau, SAS and Hyperion desired