This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONFull Time
Brookdale Corporate Office - 6737 W. Washington St. Ste. 2300 Milwaukee, WI 53214
Job # ACCCOmkeWI062138a
Brookdale. Bringing new life to senior living.
This position performs month end closing procedures, account reconciliations and supports Brookdale's operations and corporate management in obtaining financial success by researching and analyzing accounts, reviewing financial statements and communicating financial information to the field as needed.
* Maintains the integrity of the general ledger by applying generally accepted accounting principles to all transactions.
* Completes balance sheet account reconciliations and bank account reconciliations by the established due dates. Researches and resolves reconciling items in a timely manner.
* Reviews cost center and chart of account structures. Makes recommendations as to cost center/account structure that will identify the nature of expenses to their proper area; assists in controlling annual expenditures and streamlines the data processing support required during month-end.
* Prepares, verifies, and controls the entering of journal entries to the general ledger.
* Evaluates subsidiary journals for obvious errors and omissions and enters corrected data into the general ledger, i.e., enters monthly journal entries, executes monthly closing entries, executes month-end general ledger (by cost center and by natural account).
* Reviews monthly balance sheet and profit-and-loss statements for accuracy.
* Assists in coordinating monthly closing and production of statements to guarantee timely reporting.
* Reviews, redesigns, and enhances the on-line financial statements to ensure that the information reported properly reflects the company's financial position.
* Assists in reviewing and updating monthly closing procedures.
* Reviews supporting subsidiary schedules to ensure that the company's accounting practices are being maintained, i.e., insurance, fixed assets, amortization of prepaid; makes recommendations.
* Ensures all processes are appropriately documented and assists in the on-going documentation of accounting policies and procedures.
* Prepares audit schedules and responds to auditor requests during financial audits, SOX audits or any other audit.
* Monitors and tracks cash outflows. Provides necessary updates to management.
* Interacts with field personnel. Provides exceptional customer service in explaining and responding to questions regarding monthly operating activity, investigating variances, providing detail of charges and booking reclass entries.
* Corresponds with third party financial institutions and regulatory bodies.
Required skills and qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance from four-year college or university is required.
* One year related experience and/or training.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Experience in Senior Care, Healthcare, Hospitality, or Real Estate industries is a plus
* Proficiency in MS Excel and other MS Office products is required
* Strong analytical skills required
* Must possess desire and ability to learn new skills, including computer applications
* Understanding of financial statements is required.
If you're a Brookdale associate, please consider referring someone through the Good People Program!
Brookdale is an EOE-(Equal Opportunity Employer) and drug-free workplace.
Brookdale offers a number of benefits to full-time associates including, but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, disability, life, paid time off, educational reimbursement. All associates, age 21 and older, are eligible to participate in the 401(k) retirement savings plan. BR img src='http://career.staffingsoft.com/images/013-97-148223.aspx'