JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Monster is a global online employment solution for people seeking jobs and employers who need to hire great people. Since the day of our founding in the fledgling days of the Internet over 20 years ago, we have never stopped helping our customers and job seekers to Find Better. With millions of jobs, cutting-edge technologies, global connections, and smarter solutions, Monster is continuing to change the ways that connect companies and talent.
Our mission is connecting the world s jobs to people, everywhere by creating and delivering the best recruiting media, technologies and platforms; we strive every day to help our customers hire and help people find jobs, and we need great talent like you to make this possible.
Working with the Monster Accounting team in the Milwaukee Shared Services Center, the Accountant will be responsible for accurately completing balance sheet reconciliations, analyzing and recording financial activity in the general ledger, answering general ledger related questions from the field, and participate in and/or lead special projects. The objective is to produce complete and accurate financial statements with the ability to answer questions related to those financial statements.
* This position will include several responsibilities, including, but not limited to the following:
* Month End Close
* Journal entry preparation and posting , Profit & Loss Analysis , Account reconciliations , Access appropriate accruals , Reconcile sub-ledgers to general ledger , Complete a variety of SOX404 compliance requirements
* Balance Sheet Reconciliations
* Unbilled accounts receivable, Deferred Revenue, Accrued Liabilities
* Special Projects and Process Improvements
* Quarterly Reviews/ Annual Audit , Process documentation , Accounting Research and changes in accounting pronouncements, Ad-hoc analysis and reporting projects
* BS in Accounting required
* 3-5 years Accounting / Finance experience
* Detail-oriented with strong analytical and interpersonal skills
* Available and willing to work extended hours during peak times of the month/quarter
* Must have experience with General Ledger accounting
* Can be trusted to keep sensitive information secure
* Has a strong understanding of computer applications and is comfortable in a Microsoft Windows environment.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Is able to work independently, as well as, with others
* Conscientiously and meticulously approaches work. Sees tasks through completion and completes tasks in a timely manner
* Has effective organizational skills. Keeps files and work area organized
Is relocation available*
Monster is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation with respect to Monster s services, please contact Monster at 1-800-MONSTER (1-800-666-7837).
Monster is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V