This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
VWR International, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY To assist the compliance manager and general accounting group in ensuring all key documentation generated within the accounting group is accounted for, properly reviewed, safely retained, and is in compliance with SOX standards.
* Prepares accounting and financial analyses for specific areas of the business.
* Be an effective Accounting Business Partner to both FP&A and Business Leaders by fostering relationships and developing an understanding of the operational theory, processes, inter-department data and reporting requirements, current activities and special projects to translate into accounting methodologies and transactions for a specific business segment. Concisely and accurately accounts and communicates this gained knowledge back to the business leaders, auditors and accounting team.
* Is an active member of the North America monthly close process.
* This includes journal entry preparation, account reconciliation, expense trending analyses and memos along with auditable, adequate support for necessary approvals. Report monthly results timely into data mapping tool to help facilitate VWR consolidated results.
* Assists Financial Reporting and Consolidation with month end close processes, data requirements, and Inter-company reconciliation and Flux analyses.
* Assists with quarterly KPMG external audit process and internal audit process.
* Continuously analyzes ongoing processes within areas of responsibility to identify and implement process improvements to make the close process more efficient, data more easily accessible by the business, and enhance the data integrity of the financial position of the company and its related business units.
* Performs ad-hoc analyses and requests, including special projects (financial and economic in nature).
Experience & Skills:
* An understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (U.S. GAAP) and corporate accounting policies and procedures is necessary. This is generally acquired through education process, with practical application gained through work experience.
* Associate must have a working knowledge in the use of spreadsheet and database applications. SAP knowledge is preferred, but is generally acquired through on the job training.
* This position also requires knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance legislation and the ability to develop and apply what is required from SOX guidelines. This is generally acquired through training sessions and practical application gained through work experience.
* This position requires the ability to compile, complete and analyze financial data / statements, including, but not limited to, Profit and Loss Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow statements is a necessity. Again, this is typically acquired through education, with practical application through work experience.
* Excellent communication skills, both oral and written are essential due to the degree documentation and interaction with various departments, business leaders and internal and external auditors.
* Associate will need to develop strong analytical skills and will need to be well organized, able to coordinate, prioritize, handle multiple tasks and show initiative and desire to learn.
* Associate must have a minimum of a four-year degree in Accounting or Finance. Certifications are a plus, but not required, (i.e., CPA, CMA, CIA, etc.) however it is expected that they are a future goal of the associate.
* Microsoft Office knowledge, specifically Excel is necessary and SAP knowledge is preferred.
Environmental Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
* Typically works in an office environment with adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level
* Work assignments are diversified. Examples of past precedent are used to resolve work problems. New alternatives may be developed to resolve problems
* A frequent volume of work and deadlines impose strain on routine basis
* Minimal physical effort is required. Work is mostly sedentary but does require walking, standing, bending, reaching, lifting or carrying objects that typically weigh less than 10 lbs
VWR (NASDAQ: VWR), headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, is the leading, global, independent provider of product and service solutions to laboratory and production customers. With sales in excess of $4.3 billion in 2015, VWR enables science for customers in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, industrial, education, government and healthcare industries. With more than 160 years of experience, VWR has cultivated a value proposition delivering product choice, operational excellence and differentiated services to improve our customers' productivity from research to production. VWR's differentiated services provide innovative, flexible and customized solutions from scientific research services to custom-manufactured chemical blends. Our dedicated team of more than 9,300 associates is focused on supporting scientists, medical professionals and production engineers to achieve their goals.
VWR s differentiated services provide innovative, flexible and customized solutions from scientific research services to custom-manufactured chemical blends. Our dedicated team of more than 8,500 associates is focused on supporting scientists, medical professionals and production engineers to achieve their goals.
In addition to being a part of a global organization, VWR offers its associates competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits designed to help them stay healthy, plan for the future, prepare for the unexpected and balance the demands of work and home. VWR offers an outstanding benefits package that includes a 401(k) plan with a generous company matching contribution; medical, dental and life insurance; short- and long-term disability; EAP (employee assistance program); flexible spending account (FSA); holiday/vacation time; work/life balance programs; and education assistance.
At VWR, our associates are the framework of who we are and how we succeed.
We value their accomplishments and offer long-lasting opportunities for growth and success. As a result, a substantial percentage of our associates have 10-, 20- and 30-year histories with VWR. Their loyalty reflects our ongoing commitment to offering great compensation, an engaging culture, and real opportunities for growth and success. VWR is a great place to work and we look forward to adding more outstanding members to our team.
Resume Submissions To VWR From Third Party Recruitment Firms Will Not Be Considered
VWR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
VWR maintains a drug free workplace.
VWR is a US Federal contractor.
VWR and design are registered trademarks of VWR International, LLC. VWR International, LLC is aware of fraudulent e-mails referencing VWR job opportunities. Please note: VWR does not hire employees through e-mail solicitation and never requests any employee to cash money orders or send money to others. If you question the validity of a job, please visit jobs.vwr.com .
For more information on VWR please visit www.vwr.com .