This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY COMPANY:
2020 Cubic Transportation Systems, Inc.
Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We re the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
Responsible for the preparation/maintenance of the sales accrual file which helps to generate financial statements, monthly journal entries, reconciliations, and related supporting schedules for business unit region. Maintains or helps to maintain the accuracy of the entity s related books of record such as the general ledger. This position typically works under general supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Maintains monthly sales accrual file and supporting schedules for business unit region.
* Supports operations with financial inputs for monthly/quarterly reporting packages.
* Prepares monthly journal entries and supporting schedules.
* Reconciles general ledger accounts.
* Prepares account analyses for management and internal/external auditors.
* Maintains and documents SOX controls/processes.
* Compiles and analyzes financial information.
* Makes recommendations for improving accounting processes, and assists in implementing accounting policies and procedures.
* Assists Management in the development of junior members of the department.
* Facilitates Lean principles and creating efficiencies within the department.
* Liaises with various departments in the organization to provide support and obtain relevant financial information.
* Performs other related duties as required.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Four-year college degree in Accounting or related field, plus two years accounting experience, preferably Big 4. CPA or CPA candidate preferred. Knowledge of accounting principles and GAAP. Accurate recording keeping. Experience with ERP software desired. Proficient in the use of Excel and Word. Fast learner, comfortable in a dynamic environment. Proven analytical ability and excellent problem solving skills. Ability to work with all levels of management and technical staff. Willing to work extended hours when needed. Good time management skills and proven organization and follow-up skills.