This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 11/16/2016
San Mateo, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY This Accountant Position Features:
* Accounts Payable: vendor invoice matching, tracking, and processing; follow-up on missing documentation; weekly check process; maintain excel spreadsheets for invoice tracking
* Accounts Receivable: weekly charter billings and cash-out procedures; monthly contract billings; weekly payment/deposit processing
* General Ledger: Assist with GL accounting functions including financial statement analysis, and reconciliations; month end journal entry preparation.
* Maintain detailed spreadsheets for account analysis and month end processing purposes.
* Collaborates and partners with account managers regarding the reporting of payroll, labor cost, and timekeeping for employees.
* Calculates and verifies employee pay and timekeeping including hours worked, overtime, split shift differentials, and holiday pay.
* Assist Controller in biweekly payroll processing.
* Vacation, sick time, holiday and time off administration, analysis, and monitoring.
* Maintain spreadsheets bridging payroll and customer billing requirements in detail.
Qualifications and Requirements
* Bachelor?s degree in Accounting required.
* Minimum of six (6) + years of experience within accounting, including, but not limited to analysis, reporting, and financial statements.
* Experience with accounting/financial transactions, receivables, and payables. Accounting general ledger, journal entries, and posting exposure
* Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of direct payroll administration and processing experience is highly desired.
* Experience and knowledge of pay calculations, overtime, split shift premiums, vacation, sick, and time off processing.
*Knowledge and experience with California wage and hours laws/regulations pertaining to payroll, timekeeping, transactions, and reporting is a plus.
*Experience and proficiency with Oracle Financials, JD Edwards, or comparable accounting system. Experience with payroll recordkeeping systems.
* Advanced Microsoft Excel proficiency and skills including strong knowledge and competency with complex formulas, financial modeling, statistical manipulation, and spreadsheet design.
* Highly detail and technical oriented.
Great benefits. Apply for this great position as a accountant today! We are an equal employment opportunity employer and will consider all qualified candidates without regard to disability or protected veteran status.